DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First crash after 26h and 500km of flight time

Xcel

Reactions
Hey Guys!

Experienced my first crash today. I've had some close calls before but nothing where the bird would go down. I was playing around in sport mode having fun and practicing tight turns, figure of 8s, everything pretty much at full stick back and forth. At one point I underestimated the speed and ran sideways into some bushes. The motors screamed as it toppled over and fell to the ground from about 2 meters. It landed in the dirt on its side with one of the front arms folded.

The bad news is I don't have any video of my stupidity to share with you guys. I thought the controller would always cache the video but apparently it only caches video when you actually record. At least I didn't find any file of the particular flight in the DJI_RECORD folder on my phone. Lesson learned always record the flight and delete the files I don't need afterwards...

The good news is apart from a new set of props the bird is absolutely fine. The gimbal and IMU values are fine also but the original props got destroyed. I inspected the bird, changed the props and flew the rest of the battery down to 20%. I got lucky and got off with only a scare. I should get myself a race quad and use that instead for these kinds of flights...

Fly safe you guys ;)

IMG_5258.jpg IMG_5257.jpg

Yea, I already have one on order :) I'm waiting on an orange skin to improve the visibility in case of a crash so I can find it more easily. I didn't expect the crash to happen this soon though...

Reactions: CC Rider
Just get a cool skin. No scratch, no problem!

A bummer, but you did get off relatively easy. Not much damage at all, really, and things easily could have been a lot worse. Happy for your luck.

I see nothing wrong with, at times, pushing a drone to its limits. Isn't that a part of the thrill side of things? Of course, things can and do go wrong, regardless of how many hours and experience one has behind them when going into any venture and despite the safeguards one thinks he or has in place. I guess it's just part of what comes along with what we do as drone pilots.

Better luck next time, buddy. The skies are still waiting for you. Take to othem and enjoy.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
walkedaway