DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 First crash in Abandoned building

alex_markov

Reactions
Site
alexmarkov.eu
Lost signal in the corridor - run back But 30 cm from free space RTH kicked in and went up. I removed the goggles and went retrieving her only to find out on the other side of the building that Avata is fighting with the ceiling pushing hard but while putting goggles on she fell on her back so I pushed to Turtle mode she went back and we continue our journey without further obstructions :)

Wow! What a beast! Little guy just never gives up, lol.

Reactions: alex_markov
Lost signal in the corridor - run back But 30 cm from free space RTH kicked in and went up. I removed the goggles and went retrieving her only to find out on the other side of the building that Avata is fighting with the ceiling pushing hard but while putting goggles on she fell on her back so I pushed to Turtle mode she went back and we continue our journey without further obstructions :)

Cool video. I wonder what that old building was back in the day?

With no sensors other than downward, RTH will get stuck if the elevation setting is higher than surroundings. Ha. I have gotten stuck in the house a few times on the ceiling when the battery was low and it wanted to RTH.

Great job Alex. You and that Avarta were meant for each other I reckon! 🍾🍾🍾

Amazing flying, you have great skills

I don't even want to think about how much trouble I could find for myself if I only had one of those drones. :cool:

I thought you were flying a Mini 3? Also, in the challenging places you fly, don’t you normally set the RTH to “Hover”?
I usually fly in hard-to-reach places so hover will be not very good as I can't reach it ;) of course, wyse man will suggest changing according to the situation BUT I am the type of guy who forgets to switch recording on on my drones very often (Avata is a Blessing with Auto record!!!) so fiddling with settings is a No Go for me ;) :)
P.S.
I had mini 3 Pro but sold it now my Mavic 3 is for sale either as Avata is my poison for the moment ;)

Reactions: Dbez1

Say it isn't so, but I guess the way you fly Alex it's bound to happen and still worth it with the great videos you show us.

Say it isn't so, but I guess the way you fly Alex it's bound to happen and still worth it with the great videos you show us.
I agree And disagree ;) as this was no crash per se ;)
But never the less here is my T-shirt at the moment20230110_164747.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones