DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Crash...now DJI Care Refresh?

m4v1c

Reactions
Heyyy so I unfortunately had my first fatal crash, I crashed into some trees and had to get a stick to whack it down from the tree. In the end, I retrieved the drone; however, the gimbal is broken. I have DJI Care Refresh (purchased in Jan 2017) and was wondering how the process works. Let me know if you need to see the crash video to help answer my questions & assess the severity of the gimbal!

1) Looks like I just call "DJI Support" and they will get everything ready for it to be shipped to their "DJI Repair Center"? Besides paying the $79 for 1st time repairs, is the process that straight forward & convenient? They'll return my Mavic back to 100%?
Buy DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro)

2) How long does it usually take? <1 month? 1-2 months? I live in Seattle, WA; Seattle also has an auhorizied DJI Store as well, do you think they can repair it as well?
DJI Authorized Retail Store - Bellevue, WA

3) I tried flying the day after, according to the DJI app the "overall status" of the drone appears normal besides the gimbal. Flying it around feels the same before the accident. How can I know for sure that the motors, sensors, etc. are safe to fly (especially the motors since they got tangled in the trees)? Does the DJI repair team do like a full check up before shipping it back to me?

upload_2017-8-11_21-38-30.pngupload_2017-8-11_21-39-6.png

Thank you! The help would be much appreciated!!

I sent mine in for a repair on a Thursday and got it back the next Friday. Great turn around time and excellent service. Turned out that the problem was under warranty but I already paid my $79.00. DJI offered me a new battery to make it right. Good experience

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avster