DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Crash - Red Function Button, Front Left Prop Won't Spin

mavicHawk8

Reactions
Irony, I got caught up with entertaining visiting family this weekend and I missed the 48 hour window for DJI Care a couple of hours. I contact DJI and they tell me to do the video verification and everything will be ok... While filming the verification, the drone starts acting funny. The Function button start blinking yellow and never goes green. The remote has trouble connecting to the drone, cutting in and out and threatening to return home. Eventually, I realize that the video is a lost cause because I can't get the remote to stay connected. I turn off the camera I was using to film with and try to get the drone to behave. Things are working better and I'm ready to be done. That's when everything goes to ****. I fly the drone toward me to land (passing it under a tree [stupid, in retrospect[) when the remote loses connection. The drone goes into return home mode and bolts directly up, hits the tree and slams down into the concrete.

Any recommendations on what to do next?

Problem? Drone will not connect to the remote properly. The function button is red. It was partially dislodged before I pushed it back into the housing. The left prop is frozen.

Was unit in a crash? Yes

What have you tried so far? I tried connecting multiple times. It will claim to connect to update firmware but will not go into Go Fly and will disconnect after the update.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Samsung Galaxy S5

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Unsure. There were multiple updates after the crash.

What Go app version are you using? 4

Any modification? (if so what) None

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) No, just the firmware

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) No

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-09-09_[18-56-29].txt
    66.3 KB · Views: 3
Welcome to the forum. Sorry for your accident and hope you have better luck going forward.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007