DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Crash with Mavic Mechanical Malfunction???

This happen to anyone crash from loose motor?

• Total voters

wattermelon1

Reactions
Yesterday June 10, 2018

I took my Mavic Pro out for a sunset flight, pre flight I did the usual check - motors, props, arms, put in fresh battery, phone and controller batteries both good. fired it up and took off without any problems.

About 8 minutes in my camera view was going haywire it was all over the place. I started heading back home and it went back to normal for about 1 minute and then it started going skee-wompus again. At this point I could hear it approaching but could not quite see it because of the trees. It stabilized again for about 2 seconds and then went crazy. It looked like the gimbal had come undone and the camera was just hanging and spinning. I hit return to home so I could run to a vantage point where I could see. I could still here it and it did not sound right, I checked the screen and its still spinning then I saw it trying to return home and it was in a death spiral. I thought that it had lost a prop. About 100 feet from the landing pad it fell from the sky hitting the top of an large tree and hitting every branch on the way down. I found it in tall grass with grass wrapped around every motor and the camera and front sensors packed with dirt. All the props were broken but still there. I took them all off to find that one of the motors was very loose. That's how I left it cuz I couldn't deal last night and its bugging me at work today. What should I do when I get home?

Bird strike? Loose motor caused by crash?

Talk to DJI about it, although they will probably blame you somehow...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada