DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First edited video - S. FL

Skerrabrae

Reactions
Here is my first edited footage showcasing the “winter” water in S. Fl.

Kept it right under 2 minutes. Looking for any advise on improvement regarding pacing, color correction, angles, or anything else. I feel the first segment went a bit long considering the whole video is so short but I wanted to capture the transition from sand to clear turquoise water.

I did not shoot with any filters as this was my venture out over the ocean and wanted to focus more on flying and less on the camera.

Thanks for any tips!

Your right, long videos tend to loose people's attention. However the segment you considered to be long in the beginning of the sand cliffs to the beach to the waves to the turquoise water was very mesmerizing. Almost like watching a kaleidoscope. It had enough changes in itself that it kept my interest. Your flying around the buildings and coast was very well done, but I am not sure they fit your story of the beginning 46 seconds and ending 42 seconds of the waves/ocean.

Also bump your resolution up to 1080p. Very well done for your first video!

I did not shoot with any filters as this was my venture out over the ocean and wanted to focus more on flying and less on the camera.

Thanks for any tips!
Hi Skerrabrae, for the first editing you did a very good job!? The colors are also ok! But: The duration of the video is 1.51Minutes and during1.14minutes you show water. That´s way too long. Instead you could have shown some nice details of the urban area. Roule of thumb: A scene should be visible as long as the watcher has seen all the details in the scene. If it´s longer and there is nothing new to discover the scene becomes boring. I hpe you understood what I meant...Only my two cents ?
cheers Paul

Reactions: mahjohn and Dbez1
Paul is correct. Always remember, it’s better to leave your audience wanting more as opposed to being bored. In general though, nice work, especially for your first project. Best wishes.

I liked the video, but think the first video segment at 4 secs was too short to take in the view. The last building that starts in frame, then drifts off to the right, was it to fit in the canal that extends northwards?

thanks for sharing. SoFlo has some great vistas for sure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys