DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight and video - This thing is pretty nice

briwiphoto

Reactions

Some straight out of camera 4k footage. I left everything on auto as I just wanted to learn how to fly! First drone since an old Phantom 2. Looking forward to messing around with the flat color profiles to see how much dynamic range I can get out of the camera. So much to do and the weather is going to be crap for the next week. Oh well!

Also as someone is new to the Mavic world, is there any way I can adjust settings and preferences in my app without the drone on?

Last edited:
Very nice ?

Not sure with adjusting settings in app without drone on, I can’t with my Mavic 2 Pro maybe it’s different with Mavic Air 2?

Thanks for sharing your first Air 2 video
Paul
Thank you!

The more I'm messing with it the more it seems like I can't.

A question for people too, since the manual is basically useless. Is there any way I can tune the gimbal controls? I hate how it hard stops at the end. Would this be fixed by the allow vertical gimbal (I can't remember what it is exactly called) setting?

I doubt you can adjust much unless your powered up.
It just won’t stick.

Thank you!

A question for people too, since the manual is basically useless. Is there any way I can tune the gimbal controls? I hate how it hard stops at the end. Would this be fixed by the allow vertical gimbal (I can't

remember what it is exactly called)
Hi on the mini I found the gimbal adjustment under control tab and advancead gimbal settings. Hope that helps.

Some straight out of camera 4k footage. I left everything on auto as I just wanted to learn how to fly! First drone since an old Phantom 2. Looking forward to messing around with the flat color profiles to see how much dynamic range I can get out of the camera. So much to do and the weather is going to be crap for the next week. Oh well!

Also as someone is new to the Mavic world, is there any way I can adjust settings and preferences in my app without the drone on?
is that BC?

Did you edit it on top of d-cinelike? Looks very soft in low light.
If I’m being honest I don’t know what I’m doing. I didn’t edit it at all. I still had a ND16 filter on too which is probably dumb. I’m learning as I go here. Haha

Reactions: gb160
If I’m being honest I don’t know what I’m doing. I didn’t edit it at all. I still had a ND16 filter on too which is probably dumb. I’m learning as I go here. Haha
Yeah def take the ND off in lower light! Unless you're really dialing for a shutter speed I wouldn't worry about the filters just yet. Also bump the saturation up a little bit in editing should help as well.

Reactions: Gealousy

Got another video quickly today between storm cells. Shot in HDR mode. Waiting for some sunlight to really test out the dynamic range of this sensor.

Beautiful country, Montana. Envious!

Thank you!

A question for people too, since the manual is basically useless. Is there any way I can tune the gimbal controls? I hate how it hard stops at the end. Would this be fixed by the allow vertical gimbal (I can't remember what it is exactly called) setting?
I do not have the Air 2 as of yet, but it is on the way. From what I understand after watching numerous YouTube vide from trusted reviewers, there is no option as of yet to adjust the gimbal speed. DJI is notorious for adding these types of functions with subsequent firmware updates, so I would expect this ability in the near future.

Lots of snow! Snowing right now!

The more I fly this thing and dig into the footage the more I'm impressed. Makes me realize how easy some shots I went for on sets a few years back could have been so much easier. A Crane and a Remote head on a flatbed truck on a trail was kind of a pain in the butt!
IMG_1762.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro