DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight completed!

Bernie707

Reactions
I'm relieved to report my first flight was completed without incident. Two flights actually- first in beginner mode for about 6 minutes and the 2nd in normal mode for about 13 minutes. My flight log showed over 4000 ft total distance which is hard to believe since the mavic was never more than a couple hundred yards away i believe. My max. Height was 193' according to the log but I only flew above 150' so that was probably during RTH.

I almost didn't fly because I received a firmware update notice but I was in the field with no wifi connection and I updated firmware when I first registered and connected through the go 4 app a couple days ago. I updated when I got home and it took a long time. I learned that the settings you see on the app when the drone isn't connected aren't accurate and don't mean you have to reset everything each time you connect the controller to the mavic.

There's so much more to be aware of than with toy quads but I'm getting the hang of all the settings and I already knew how to fly a quadcopter which turns out to be the easy part with this hi-tech machine!

One problem I had was playing the video on my laptop. The video played very slow and jerky. I'm hoping shooting in 1080p will help this so I can enjoy the videos. I don't have the hardware to watch 4K anyway. Should 1080p help?

Bottom line- I'm pleased and happy except for the video playback results. The video quality was good, they just didn't play smoothly.

NIce to hear you are enjoying the mavic.

The total distance is the travel distance and not the max distance from your homepoint.

1080 should work yes but i would avoid shooting in 60fps.

Safe flying :)

I'm relieved to report my first flight was completed without incident. Two flights actually- first in beginner mode for about 6 minutes and the 2nd in normal mode for about 13 minutes. My flight log showed over 4000 ft total distance which is hard to believe since the mavic was never more than a couple hundred yards away i believe. My max. Height was 193' according to the log but I only flew above 150' so that was probably during RTH.

I almost didn't fly because I received a firmware update notice but I was in the field with no wifi connection and I updated firmware when I first registered and connected through the go 4 app a couple days ago. I updated when I got home and it took a long time. I learned that the settings you see on the app when the drone isn't connected aren't accurate and don't mean you have to reset everything each time you connect the controller to the mavic.

There's so much more to be aware of than with toy quads but I'm getting the hang of all the settings and I already knew how to fly a quadcopter which turns out to be the easy part with this hi-tech machine!

One problem I had was playing the video on my laptop. The video played very slow and jerky. I'm hoping shooting in 1080p will help this so I can enjoy the videos. I don't have the hardware to watch 4K anyway. Should 1080p help?

Bottom line- I'm pleased and happy except for the video playback results. The video quality was good, they just didn't play smoothly.
Congrats on your first flight. Yes playback will be less jerky viewing 1080p if your hardware isnt up to handling 4k.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929