DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight, concerning questions

Nice to see such an active forum!
Thank you. I.m.kinda "chiller" now. If they want to exchange fine, as i emailed the store, if not, i.ll go on with it. [emoji3]
Now i just installed. 16 apk, hope to gwt rid of rhe choppy video. As i previously had a p3s and i wanted to get rid of the weak transmission, this is kinda the most important reason i upgraded. (although, my p3s worked even at 1.4km range).

Hello guys, another test, another fail!
I downloaded v.16, and not that it was the same, it was worse. Video extremelyy choppy and laggy, couldn.t see 4/5 of the image and besides that, suddenly i lost signal (with the phone) at 200m distance...lucky i was flying los and i managed to bring the bird home from the remote controller. Also, the remote controller had moments whn it was kinda reseting like bot showing anything for 1/10 seconds then coming back.
Are you sure that only the app is causing these problems? [emoji848]. Had 3 flights woth the drone and now i.m kinda missing my p3s [emoji26]

I uploaded a sample from the video which saved into the phoneScreenshot_20180707-175546.jpeg

I checked the last days videos from the sd card and they were all fine.
Now i.m trying to install the app on another phone to see if itndoes the same
But really, that signal lost thing (which didn.t made the drone return home-which i had in settings), broke my trust.

Update: on my z2 i was using the USB socket. I switched to a samsung s6, used the side micro usb socket aaaand it worked great (with the LAST dji go). Didn.t tested a long distance tho, as i was scared.

Update: on my z2 i was using the USB socket. I switched to a samsung s6, used the side micro usb socket aaaand it worked great (with the LAST dji go). Didn.t tested a long distance tho, as i was scared.
I am not familiar with the other device you were using, So I cant help there. I use a samsung s7 with version .16 go4 and it works great. As "FAR":D as going far, the best way to do it is baby steps. Go a little further each time as you feel comfortable. Never put obstructions between the RC, and drone. My max is 13,000 feet, and it was a bit nerve racking. You REALLY have to pay attention to wind direction when you are going out far. Always fly "into" the wind on your way out, so you have the wind working with you on the return. Make sure in your settings, loss of rc signal is set to "return to home" and set a proper return to home altitude. I also try to fly mostly over woods/field when I do my distance flights. Much less risk of an accident.

Thank you for yoir advices. I am a little bit aware of them, as i come from a p3s and in it.s last days i could fly her as far as it coild, without worrying as i trusted her. I hope the first nasty experience with mavic will fade away. My forst phone was a SONY xperia z2 (3 gb of rams, never had any lags or problems with it), but maybe, i think that the difference was made with the USB socket? [emoji848]
Have you noticed any difference when using the rc side micro us socket vs the central usb plug?

Thank you for yoir advices. I am a little bit aware of them, as i come from a p3s and in it.s last days i could fly her as far as it coild, without worrying as i trusted her. I hope the first nasty experience with mavic will fade away. My forst phone was a SONY xperia z2 (3 gb of rams, never had any lags or problems with it), but maybe, i think that the difference was made with the USB socket? [emoji848]
Have you noticed any difference when using the rc side micro us socket vs the central usb plug?
no difference. I use the side plug with the included adapter wire. Never had a problem with it.

Last update: It was the phone's fault. swapped phones and everything works perfect.
Now onto another question :)).
I just had my first gimbal freakout. I've searched here, but could not come to a conclusion: will this problem worsen, or can i just let it be, from time to time?

I checked the last days videos from the sd card and they were all fine.
Now i.m trying to install the app on another phone to see if itndoes the same
But really, that signal lost thing (which didn.t made the drone return home-which i had in settings), broke my trust.

You lost video signal but was still connected to the craft, thats why it didnt start to return home.

Hello guys, i have another concerning question:
Last weekend i was flying my mavic (700m distance), when suddenly for one second (phew!) i had compass problems- the red popup with compass problems land imediately. But it lasted 1-2 seconds and theb it dissappeared. Anyway i panicjed an d returned home. Nothing bad happenned. Now, my question is: why did that happen? Is it my mavic? Is it the place (i quite fly often there and flied for 2 years and had no similar problems), can this problem reapear stay there and cause a disaster?
TY

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE