DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight crash

Enrico BBB

Reactions
First flight, take off, vertical climb to aprox 18mt, light rotation (C mode all the time). Suddenly the drone start going left at high speed. Controller completely unuseful because no command has obtained any change. I tried with "come home" option, nothing changed. Drone crashed into a block. Propellers and gimbal destroyed. May I upload a video or the LOG txt? Maybe someone could help me to understand what has really happened....thank you

Reactions: gwc
Welcome to the forum and hate you had to join from having
a crash. Yes place your log txt here and one of our member
can read them for you.

Reactions: Simmo
Welcome to the forum and hate you had to join from having
a crash. Yes place your log txt here and one of our member
can read them for you.
Thank you for fast reply.
I sent it back in order to check if the problem occurred is cover by warranty.
They told me I have to wait around two months for an answer... Cause the drone have to be sent to Germany or Holland, then they will check and answer... If reading my log someone of you will give the awful new that it's not covered by warranty I will buy a new one immediately... If it will be a factory problem I definitely have to wait two months...

Attachments

• 261331.pdf
    55.3 KB · Views: 171
If reading my log someone of you will give the awful new that it's not covered by warranty
If you upload a real flight log we can help you out. This PDF file is useless. Upload your flight .txt log to this link and share a link back here. Log Viewer

It seems impossible to load the txt in that link.... I'll try again ..
Just post the .txt file here.

The description of your incident sounds familiar.
What was the surface you launched from and what was close by (within a few metres).

When i upload the flight record, i don't know why but it appears as 261333 instead that the original name fligh2019-10-12 blablabla txt. I don't understand why. Maybe i'll try to download the file to the pc by usb then to upload here.

I was flying on a rubber surface (children park) with some blocks around, aprox distance from the blocks 15 mt.

When i upload the flight record, i don't know why but it appears as 261333 instead that the original name fligh2019-10-12 blablabla txt. I don't understand why. Maybe i'll try to download the file to the pc by usb then to upload here.

I was flying on a rubber surface (children park) with some blocks around, aprox distance from the blocks 15 mt.
If you post the .txt file here, someone may be able to sort things out.
Your description of teh incident sounds like a Yaw Error situation which could be caused by launching from close to something steel.
Launching from reinforced concrete surfaces is the most common cause.
Do you know what was underneath the rubber mat?

Reactions: Thomas B
Thank you for your answer. I can't upload anywhere because when i select the file (txt) in the box here below appears a number, not the name of the original file. I really don't know why.

This park is surrounded by an iron griddle, aprox 3 mt high, could it be the origin of the problem? The drone flight very well til 18/20 mt high then it started to go to the right direction, high speed without any control....

Thank you for your answer. I can't upload anywhere because when i select the file (txt) in the box here below appears a number, not the name of the original file. I really don't know why.

This park is surrounded by an iron griddle, aprox 3 mt high, could it be the origin of the problem? The drone flight very well til 18/20 mt high then it started to go to the right direction, high speed without any control....
It depends on how close the iron was.
If it's more than 3 metres, it wouldn't have had any effect.
The problem was likely to be much closer (below the mat).

Did you see this in the file upload instructions:
For the Phantom 4 Adv/Pro + remote controller or DJI Smart Controller, connect your remote controller to a computer via a USB cable and go to DJI\dji.pilot.pad\FlightRecord. If needed, you can find detailed instructions here:

It depends on how close the iron was.
If it's more than 3 metres, it wouldn't have had any effect.
The problem was likely to be much closer (below the mat).

Did you see this in the file upload instructions:
For the Phantom 4 Adv/Pro + remote controller or DJI Smart Controller, connect your remote controller to a computer via a USB cable and go to DJI\dji.pilot.pad\FlightRecord. If needed, you can find detailed instructions here:
I don't have the remote controller any longer. I gave everything back to the dealer in order to sent all back to dji service In Holland. I have that txt in the phone but it seems impossible to attach it anywhere. I will try to transfer it to the PC by USB...

I don't have the remote controller any longer. I gave everything back to the dealer in order to sent all back to dji service In Holland. I have that txt in the phone but it seems impossible to attach it anywhere. I will try to transfer it to the PC by USB...
Sorry .. my mistake.
I was mixing your incident up with another that used the Smart Controller.
The .txt file from your phone is all that's needed.

Sorry .. my mistake.
I was mixing your incident up with another that used the Smart Controller.
The .txt file from your phone is all that's needed.
Ok. I click on attach file, find the file in my phone, select file then when I came back to this page I don't see the original name In the attaching box but a number with the message extension not allowed... I'll take some screenshot to show you...

Ok. I click on attach file, find the file in my phone, select file then when I came back to this page I don't see the original name In the attaching box but a number with the message extension not allowed... I'll take some screenshot to show you...
If you are trying to do it while accessing the forum from your phone, it might be easier to use a computer.

Screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191211_010851_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191211_010851_com.android.chrome.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot_20191211_010841_com.huawei.hidisk.jpg
    Screenshot_20191211_010841_com.huawei.hidisk.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 130
Sounds like your phone has a funky file explorer.
Copy the file to a PC and upload it that way.
You can also upload it to Phantomhelp.

If you can't get to the file directly from your PC using USB, you can try a cloud file service like Dropbox or Onedrive to make the transfer.

I took a look at that PDF, looks like an Android application crash report. Sounds like the Android file explorer is crashing when you select a file and the result is a crash report.

i think this is the file we need.... isn't it? thank you all for your precious help.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-12-10_[16-04-53].txt
    130.5 KB · Views: 116
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada