DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight for a first time drone buyer (A2s)

Bobbogee

Reactions
Well, after 3 years of being a lookie-loo, I purchased and received my first drone - an AIR 2s. My purchase was originally going to be the Mavic Air 2 but just as I was going to pull the trigger in early April I spotted the wind-up of the rumor mill regarding the A2s and decided to wait. Last week on release date (at 6:00 am PST) I ordered my A2s FMC and various accessories and received it two days ago.

This evening after work, I finally got the nerve to try my first flight (using cinema slo-mo mode) and managed to not crash it!

Now I just need to get over the high anxiety I experienced when I took it straight up to a height of 100ft / 30m and looked up at it from my seated position on my patio. I kind of felt like James Stewart in Vertigo (not really) How exciting!

Maybe next flight I will need a Valium or something ?

I know the feeling of the first....second......third flight, LOL. It gets better with time. I've only been flying for a month or so but it you have any question this is a very good forum to ask questions. Welcome to flying Mavic drones!

Reactions: Steel63
I've had the Air 2 since August and bought the Air 2 S last week. I had the same feeling on my first flight of the 2S.
Is it going to work correctly? Is everything charged? Do I know which way it's going to move when I hit the joy sticks? I didm't leave the yard. Second flight was about 400 ft out, third was 1500 ft out.
I added Firehouse Arc XL strobes and can see it 1500 ft away.

Reactions: Steel63
Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
There’s many knowledgeable members willing to help with any questions you have.
Search the forum using key words and if you don’t find an answer, post your question and I’m sure you’ll get a quick response! Flytpath on YouTube has a good video series from unboxing to your first flight and after. Fly safe and stay safe!

Today I flew my first with my brand new Air 2s too.
I recognize that feelling you've said !...even if i had tons of hours with my Mavic Pro before , Air 2S is realy nice and fluid to drive. Congrats to DJI they made it even bettter !

In a way I hope that excitement never goes away. I’ve had my A2S, first drone, for about 10 days now and flying up and away at speed is just awesome. Like accelerating in a fast car or something. Welcome!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian