DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight observations (nontechnical)

Macronaut59

Reactions
So, I did get a single battery flight today and had a few minor issues and confirmed some of the notations others have mentioned elsewhere. I am posting a nontechnical, basic observation.

1). Ascending without input moving forward: Yes, this happens in Cine and Normal mode. Sport mode cancels this. Apparently the OA is the cause. I even tried to compensate using down left stick and all that it did was slow the drone to a crawl. It would not go lower than about 5 ft. from the ground moving forward or backward. My A2S does not do this. It stays at the altitude I start out at and doesn't balk.
2). After about ten minutes of flying, I got a "compass recalibration required". So, I landed and did so. Yes, I did it before I took off. A little concerning non the less.
3). I was testing the OA and all seemed well using bypass. About 15 minutes in, the audio warning started going off when I wasn't near anything and would not stop no matter what I did or where I went, with nothing around for hundreds of feet. I landed and restarted the app and that seemed to fix it...still...
4). What some are saying about the sticks being very sensitive seems to be confirmed (at least with mine). The right stick seems to be hyper sensitive (left and right especially) and it brakes very hard. I have tired being overly gentle towards center with some decent results. I only had one battery so, I was not able to explore the settings in the app. as I would have liked. Cine mode tamed this down quite a bit.

It would seem that most of these issues can be corrected via firmware. However, we seem to be at the mercy of DJI tech to step up and do so. Hopefully all will be golden in January. I hope that we do not have to wait until January to get some of these issues fixed. Maybe a few at a time between now and then.
I hope I do not find any other issues in my next flights. I need to have a reasonable of confidence in my equipment.

Cheers, Billy

Reactions: Point Zero
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead