DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight over water

Nice video, flying over water isn’t as bad as what people think. I’ll guarantee you’ll do it more often now, first time is always the worse?

Nice video, flying over water isn’t as bad as what people think. I’ll guarantee you’ll do it more often now, first time is always the worse?
I shall, it's just chosing the right location and time, this was a a bit hectic.

Reactions: Porky

Footage could have been better, safety concerns took precedence over cinematic shots. It was good fun, and the colour grading works well.

cheers and regards
Did you disable your downward sensors or not? Some folks say you should; other folks say you don’t need to. ?

Reactions: Bakeneko
Did you disable your downward sensors or not? Some folks say you should; other folks say you don’t need to. ?
I didn't disable the sensors, I was way above the water, 30 feet or so, and as a first flight didn't plan on any surface skimming.

Reactions: Slade
First time is always the hardest. Now about 75% of my videos are over water with both my spark and M2Z
My major concern was there was a corporate branded and labeled water supply Land Rover parked up. I really didn't wan't a tap on the shoulder while half way through out over the water. It disappeared before I started, after that it was a breeze.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J