DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight today. Fun but not ready to sell my Solo

Don H.

Reactions
Hello all,

I got my MA Friday and had the first flight today. It's a fun little flyer and is quite responsive. It wasn't without issues though. I attempted to use it with my Galaxy S7 and it was a little wonky trying to connect the short micro usb cable through the controller arm into the phone. Once in I was able to update everything then attempted to fly it. Before I even got around to launching it I started having repeated disconnects from the phone. I pulled the cable and reseated it and tried again and am having the same problem. So far I'm not impressed with that connection. I ended up using my Nexus 7 and using the USB port in the center of the controller with a longer cable. That seems to work fine.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Reactions: MavicAirMike
I'm new too ... having taken my Fly More MA out on six (x3 batteries) outings or 18 flights. I'm a total novice when it comes to 4k video and drones in general. I am enjoying it more and more, and I'm getting more and more comfortable with it.

I'm using an old Samsung Mega, and what I do is connect the plug into my phone first, then to the RC ... don't worry about where the cord "should go" just make it work for you. The Mega is a huge *** phone, but I'm using this because I had it laying around and I wanted a dedicated device for my drone set up.

Good luck and happy flying!

Last edited:
Reactions: Don H.
It seems that some USB cables seem to work better than others. I had my phone disconnect while the drone was sitting on a table. When I used the long USB C cable from DJI I had three flights without any disconnect so far. Could be a coincidence though, but I read some similar stories elsewhere.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
survey-rich