DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flights on my Mavic Pro

Reactions
I went out this sunny afternoon, found a basketball court, and took my drone up. Full charges, no wind, and beginner mode.

Too much fun!! A couple of deltas to figure out...one, in this mode, it was hard to take still photos. I'd push the button and nothing would happen...video, no problem! Remember to turn up the audio on the phone, LOL

The plusses include great battery life, fun, easy to fly, and fun. Did I mention fun??

I have some beginner questions about flight restrictions.. I'll save them for another post.

Woohoo and welcome!
Are you having difficulty taking photos after switching from video to camera? On my Mini I have to press the photo button twice, technically, when going from video to camera to take a still shot.

Good for you!!! (Careful, before long you with tote that thing into the mountains and all sorts of other places to fly it!!!!)

I went out this sunny afternoon, found a basketball court, and took my drone up. Full charges, no wind, and beginner mode.

Too much fun!! A couple of deltas to figure out...one, in this mode, it was hard to take still photos. I'd push the button and nothing would happen...video, no problem! Remember to turn up the audio on the phone, LOL

The plusses include great battery life, fun, easy to fly, and fun. Did I mention fun??

I have some beginner questions about flight restrictions.. I'll save them for another post.

Yeah... This hobby is both fun and addictive. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. You're doing it the right way in open area, slow movements learning the controls. IMO the settings are the most challenging things to conquer. Everything else is just muscle memory and developing a touch.

As far as flight restrictions, may I recomment downloading one or more apps to help you with that as you start to get bolder and want to move away from your basketball court. There are three apps that do similar things, but are free so I recommend downloading all three to see what you like about each. You'll find one will become your go-to app. 1) Airmap. It shows restricted areas and you can use it to get LAANC (restricted airspace) authorization. 2) Kittyhawk. Similar to Airmap with a few more features. I think you have to create and account with Kittyhawk but don't remember doing that with Airmap, but could be mistaken. 3) B3UFLY. Another app that has crossover features of the other two. 4) UAV Forecast. This one can help you know the wind and weather conditions. These are the apps I use all the time. Download them and play with them in your spare time. IMO they will help you formulate the questions you need to be asking and get you fully functioning quickly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan