DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Glitch With My Mavic Air 2

groundpounder

Reactions
It appears that I am encountering the same problem that some others are having with Air 2 and DJI Fly. Since day one, I have not been able to make the flight attitude indicator work as it is supposed to do. My graphics always show up in red with a slash drawn through them. Google shows that quite a few others are having the same problem with their Minis and Air 2s. I have tried calibrating the compass in the drone and my smart phone (Galaxy S9+). Occasionally, if I power up the drone first and then the controller, the graphics will flash white for just a second or so...and then go to red. I normally see 13-18 satellites when flying.

I realize that I can get the drone home safely by flying the map; but that isn't the point. I just don't like operating any piece of equipment with a known fault....especially when the cause of the fault seems to remain a mystery. I'm really not expecting to find a solution with this post; but perhaps if DJI sees enough complaints about this situation, they will develop a firmware update to correct it.

It appears that I am encountering the same problem that some others are having with Air 2 and DJI Fly. Since day one, I have not been able to make the flight attitude indicator work as it is supposed to do. My graphics always show up in red with a slash drawn through them. Google shows that quite a few others are having the same problem with their Minis and Air 2s. I have tried calibrating the compass in the drone and my smart phone (Galaxy S9+). Occasionally, if I power up the drone first and then the controller, the graphics will flash white for just a second or so...and then go to red. I normally see 13-18 satellites when flying.

I realize that I can get the drone home safely by flying the map; but that isn't the point. I just don't like operating any piece of equipment with a known fault....especially when the cause of the fault seems to remain a mystery. I'm really not expecting to find a solution with this post; but perhaps if DJI sees enough complaints about this situation, they will develop a firmware update to correct it.
If you want to DJI’s attention, best to repeat your comments in their official Forum; here’s the link:

DJI OFFICIAL FORUM

Reactions: crosswired

I and several others have made a post about this issue. Mine seemed to quit working with 1.1.5.

Attachments

• 20200630_074948.jpg
    20200630_074948.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 49
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki