DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Mavic, First drone, first video

Casey

Reactions
Here's my first video I've ever taken with a drone. The first part is using active track and it works awesome. Also it was -15F while flying. It didn't seem to mess with the battery that much at all. (ps. Go easy on me. I have never edited a video before and I am in no way artistic)

Beautiful, well done.. :)

Is that a touch of jello at 1:45?

Beautiful, well done.. :)

Is that a touch of jello at 1:45?
I'm not sure I know what that means. If it's when the camera drops it's my fault. I'm not well versed in the controlles yet.

Here's my first video I've ever taken with a drone. The first part is using active track and it works awesome. Also it was -15F while flying. It didn't seem to mess with the battery that much at all. (ps. Go easy on me. I have never edited a video before and I am in no way artistic)

nicey done but yet another mavic video that seems to be well out of focus on the right hand side of the image..

trog

I'm not sure I know what that means. If it's when the camera drops it's my fault. I'm not well versed in the controlles yet.

No, it's nothing that you've done.. If you look at the trees at 1:45 to 2:07 you'll see them kind of waving side to side relative to each other which is called jello which is normally caused by vibrations affecting the camera sensor and normally more so on a fast shutter. I'm sure you'll be able to change the ISO or shutter speed to eliminate it.. Nothing to be too worried about. :)

No, it's nothing that you've done.. If you look at the trees at 1:45 to 2:07 you'll see them kind of waving side to side relative to each other which is called jello which is normally caused by vibrations affecting the camera sensor and normally more so on a fast shutter. I'm sure you'll be able to change the ISO or shutter speed to eliminate it.. Nothing to be too worried about. :)
Oh got ya. I'm not a photog guy at all so thank you for your help

Very nice!

nicey done but yet another mavic video that seems to be well out of focus on the right hand side of the image..

trog

First off nice first video, and yes I did also notice the right side out of focus .. I thought DJI fixed this issue ?

Is there a setting I need to do to fix this?

having followed all this stuff maybe too closely the general belief is that more than a few mavics have the optics or sensor slightly misaligned..

i have seen too many videos with (mostly the right side) focus variations.. i would expect some fall off out towards the extreme side or corners of the image .. the problem seems to be its often all one sided.. sharp on the left and in the middle but going noticeably out on the right hand side of the image.. its very noticable on larger screens probably not so noticable on smaller screens..

my own view is that it is a camera fault and the only fix is to send it back to the shop..

i must admit to looking for it when a new video pops up.. to me its very obviouse in this video..

trog

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan