DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Mavic Pro Crash

harryk

Reactions
Hi all,

Had my Mavic Pro out on a search and rescue for a missing dog today, low and behold it ended up in it's first crash.

I've managed to salvage the drone, it appears the only damage was scrapes and broken propellers, however I'm interested in finding out how my drone crashed as I believe it hit an object it had not detected.

My .DAT file:
DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2018-02-24_21-38-17.DAT

.TXT file from my phone: DJIFlightRecord_2018-02-24_[15-41-41] (2).txt

Would really appreciate the help!

Hi all,

Had my Mavic Pro out on a search and rescue for a missing dog today, low and behold it ended up in it's first crash.

I've managed to salvage the drone, it appears the only damage was scrapes and broken propellers, however I'm interested in finding out how my drone crashed as I believe it hit an object it had not detected.

My .DAT file:
DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2018-02-24_21-38-17.DAT

.TXT file from my phone: DJIFlightRecord_2018-02-24_[15-41-41] (2).txt

Would really appreciate the help!
The .DAT isn't the right one since there is no motorStart. It was recorded at 2018-2-24 16:10:53 GMT if that helps. And, can you provide more info about the incident other thanit ended up in a crash.

The .DAT isn't the right one since there is no motorStart. It was recorded at 2018-2-24 16:10:53 GMT if that helps. And, can you provide more info about the incident other thanit ended up in a crash.
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

This is the TXT report itself but it doesn't explain how the crash happened, I'll try and get the DAT file later today. As for how the crash happened, the drone was over a large field ~80ft in the air, going in for a landing when the controller disconnected. I then rushed over to see the drone next to an electrical pilon, on the ground face down (camera side up) and props smashed to pieces.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

This is the TXT report itself but it doesn't explain how the crash happened, I'll try and get the DAT file later today. As for how the crash happened, the drone was over a large field ~80ft in the air, going in for a landing when the controller disconnected. I then rushed over to see the drone next to an electrical pilon, on the ground face down (camera side up) and props smashed to pieces.
You had already posted the .txt. It won't show much since there was a disconnect and the incident took place after the disconnect. The .DAT on the tablet won't help much since it also depends on the App being connected to the Mavic

If the Mavic's FW is 01.03.0900 or later it may be difficult or impossible to get the .DAT.

Did the electrical pylon show any signs of the Mavic crashing into it.

Hows the mavic? check that little guy out before you fly it again i mean every where. If it dont look right dont just say screw it and fly it. Them are some famous last words lol one big thing if there was prop damage, see if all the motors spin and feel the same by hand because they all should lol Ive made that mistake and it ended up costing me more than a motor, lesson learned.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming