DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First minor issue - GPS EXIF altitude?

Thanks sar104 for your question...it reveals a clue. The Lat/Lon recorded in the M2P EXIF I now see are in fact correct (altitude is still way off, but that's been said plenty). The error appears to be in Pix4D's reading/interpretation of the M2P EXIF data. I can only speculate that Pix4D's EXIF parser is somehow getting confused by some difference in the M2P EXIF data as compared with prior DJI units. I'll cross post it to Pix4D.

Reactions: sar104
Yes... I am getting very similar problems wiht EXIF Altituda data...... I can't use this machine for mapping with this data as it is!

In the attached images, I said that the Altitudes were consistent on ALL images, but this is NOT the case... I just did another test and they seem to be all over the place.... they seem to vary from day-to-day! If they were consistent, I could have manipulated the Exif data for the mapping software, but now I can't even do that!

What can we do to get DJI to fix this????? I would have thought it was a simple one .. I have also posted this same message on the thread "incorrect-exif-gps-and-elevation.46603"

Attachments

• DJI-Exif-Problem_20191119.jpg
    DJI-Exif-Problem_20191119.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 35
I'm beginning to think that DJI won't be "fixing" jack with this drone. Of course, with some of the apologists running around, they already think it's perfect out of the box. I really want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but the further that this stuff goes on without some major firmware updates, the more and more pessimistic I get. Where are the waypoints features that were "coming soon"? Where is the re-introduction of Precision take-off/landing that they capitulated to bringing back? Where is the fix or workaround for this EXIF issue? How about a fix for the clearly arsebackwards focusing symbology? There's a whole laundry list of improvements/fixes/etc. that they could/should be making, but not a peep from DJI...

The time code may be inverse Zulu. I noticed date field on my media files show a time matching offset from GMT but in the opposite direction. I'm in Eastern time so GMT should be +5 now, +4 during DST. But instead the times are either correct for ET, or -5, -4.

To add insult to waypoints, if it works autonomous with Litchi then it's already in the firmware. All that's needed is for Go to be tweaked to use it. Since Go does waypoints for older models, it too has most of what's needed for M2. So what's the deal DJI?

I'm having the same problem with the last firmware on the Mavic 2 pro and the last Windows version of Pix4d....

NieKDoGl.png

Please help !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc