DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First movie - US Road Trip - West Coast (Nevada, Utah, Arizona, California)

Really great! Beautiful imagery and very nice editing. The slow motion shots give it kind of a dreamlike look. Really love it. Glad you got to see Zion park as you came through Utah. It's one of my favorites. What kind of camera did you use for the ground shots?

Regarding to camera I used Sony A7III + Tamron 28-75 - it was also my first of use this camera, I have never made any movie before.

Thank you for all remarks, I'm glad that you like it :) !

Wow! You're a natural at shooting and editing if that was truly your first attempt. Really nicely done. Great ground camera too, by the way. My photographer buddy shoots a Sony mirrorless and loves it. Very nice gear.

Reactions: WolfAtTheDoor
Thank You IShouldBeWorking,
maybe key is that this kind of souvenir from this trip was priority for me - I just wanted have someting in great quality for years that's why I bought new stuff especially for this trip,
and I hurted a lot many days and hours creating this movie and learning DaVinci - ;)
Also movie Into The Wild was a little inspiration for me.

Well, great work! Especially, going through the effort to learn DaVinci Resolve for your very first edit. That's not beginner friendly software AT ALL! Keep up the good work. I'll look forward to seeing more like it from you.

Hello,

this is my first movie ever made from our US Road Trip
I used Drone + Camera

Any suggestions and opinions appreciated :)

Very nice,, Did you do any color grading ?

Nice job! In the hiking movie ground sequences, does the Sony A7III have motion stabilization or were you hand holding your drone? Like in the sequence in the red rock slot canyon.

All ground sequences are from Sony.
I had a Gimbal Red Dog R1 and I used it in slot canyon and in few ground sequences.

To by honest 90% of ground video is from hand (thats why is so much slow motion - because it reduces jerky), 9% is with using Gimbal and 1% is using Manfrotto tripod (only this one with Griffith Observatory).

Why so much from hand?
I'm just rather photographer and video was something additional, it was really hard and annoying for me during all trip change between photo and video - I hadn't patience for gimbal installation , next reason is that I wanted reduce weight during hiking so I leave it in trunk, next reason its' impossible to use near waterfalls, next reason and last - its not good gimbal for this size camera+lens - I had a couple problems with that gimbal - it turned off a lot of times.

I know this movie could be much better, but not in this trip. Maybe if we were in Bali, Ibiza or somwhere else where you have much more chillout than tight plan for travel, fatigue and the desire to bring photos too.. one day We were 12 hours in car when we went from Vegas to Fresno direction through Death Valley (40 degrees there) and in those conditions we also made a lot of photos, videos

All motions without gimbal/tripod and without slow motion (from hand) are useless from this camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_