DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First on the Block!

Grey Wolf

Reactions
I've read different accounts regarding the quality of the Mavic camera.
Some say it is just as good as the Inspire or Phantom 4 others say it is slightly "rougher".
Some say it is terrible. Once I receive mine, I will test it out personally, and I know that if it isn't up to par, I can sell it immediately on Kijiji or Craigslist at, possibly, a profit as it is in high demand.
However, I'm hoping it will be ok. I am concerned though that because it is a cropped sensor, the resolution and sharpness will not be there in 4K. (I always shoot in 4K with my Inspire. It's either 4K or no K.)
Perhaps the quality loss is minimal and clients won't notice the difference or even care, especially if they dumb it down to lowly HD!

It is the same sensor as the p3 p4 and x3 just with a different optics (faster aperture too) a different focal length and different processing. From what I have seen its up with the p4 for sure, and the default settings are not over sharpened like the p4. Alot of people do think sharper means better but that's just personal preference.

I do think the quality is really very good. It is all about adapting to the limitations of a camera with a smaller sensor. I have mentioned this on another forum but if you are competent in what you do, stella work can be created from these drones. The Mavic for me looks to be a fantastic piece of kit and I have sold my Phantom already to fund it. Can't wait to test it out. I do not think you'll be disappointed if you are comparing it to the x3 or p4