DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First (public) video

mambadude

Reactions
Finished editing my first video that I feel good enough about to share outside of family :)

Started with 1.5 hrs of footage, rough cut it down to 20 mins, then 8 mins, until finally 6. Then I added audio (2 tracks of ambient sounds, 2 tracks for music mixing) and tweaked some of the cuts to better match the music. I worked at least twice as long on the audio verses the video. It was daunting to add the audio from scratch, but I'm pretty pleased with how much it adds to the video.

Great video. What's with all the old cars on the creek bank?

Great video. What's with all the old cars on the creek bank?

Thanks! I wish I knew the story behind them. I'm guessing the farm owner put them there, maybe as erosion control? I had scouted the area the week before (too windy to fly), but did not see them the first time I went down that road. I just happened to glance over at the creek as I went over the bridge the following week and I spotted what I thought were just a couple of cars, so turned around for a better look. Glad I did. Once I got flying I realized there were even more, that looked like they had been there longer, further up the creek.

Thanks! I wish I knew the story behind them. I'm guessing the farm owner put them there, maybe as erosion control? I had scouted the area the week before (too windy to fly), but did not see them the first time I went down that road. I just happened to glance over at the creek as I went over the bridge the following week and I spotted what I thought were just a couple of cars, so turned around for a better look. Glad I did. Once I got flying I realized there were even more, that looked like they had been there longer, further up the creek.
Definitely erosion control. You can see the same thing along the Russian River (a lot of good it did them the last 5-6 weeks)

Finished editing my first video that I feel good enough about to share outside of family :)

Started with 1.5 hrs of footage, rough cut it down to 20 mins, then 8 mins, until finally 6. Then I added audio (2 tracks of ambient sounds, 2 tracks for music mixing) and tweaked some of the cuts to better match the music. I worked at least twice as long on the audio verses the video. It was daunting to add the audio from scratch, but I'm pretty pleased with how much it adds to the video.

Where were the videos taken? Looks like Northern CA

Color graded?

Color graded?

Yes. It was shot in 10bit dlog H265 with a mavic 2 pro. In Resolve I set the white&black points and applied the free DJI LUT as a starting point. Then I applied some dehaze, distortion correction, overall exposure and contrast adjustments, added some mid-tone contrast and a few other tweaks as needed per clip. I like to keep each type of change in its own node in Resolve so I can easily see the effect of each and adjust as needed to balance the final result, so I ended up with about 5-6 nodes per clip.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf