DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Real Fight somethings up with the Video Recording Its Choppy Solved It my Laptop?? Solved

saboken

Reactions
(Solved it was the Video driver in my laptop) I don't know whats going on I just tried to shoot a 4K video but its real choppy!!! and freezes! any idea whats happening? I had it in Cini mode so the movements were slow all 3 videos i shot had the same issue See the one video and tell me what might be wrong??? I have 2 Sandisk Ultra Plus SD cards 32 gigs, they should be fast enough? and was using a Nexus 5x. the only odd thing that happened was during the last flight The Nexus Died and i had to bring it home manually. i guess
the RC controller cant charge the Phone (at least not a Nexus 5x Glad it was close to me so i could bring it in) Never mind Its My I7 Laptop It doesn't like the Video the outcome on YouTube looks great Now I have to figure out how the Get the old I7 to deal with 4K

Last edited:
Had to shoot somewhere else i was drawing a croud had a hard time landing it because of all the people trying to see it, they didnt know how much the blades would hurt if they got hit one Guy actually walked up to it as it was landing real close like he was trying to look into it eyes people are so dumb. I will upload a couple more soon

I think it I might need to Adjust the Video Drivers it may have used the On CPU Intel video Instead of the Discreet Nvidia Chip ( I hate My laptop I wish I still had my Dell Precision With The Quatro Card i would not have this issue!)

I started out using the Nexus 5x and it crashed like crazy. It is not on DJI's approved list. I bought an iPad mini 4 so that I could fly, and have had no crashes. Since then I got a Nexus 6p, the 5x's big sister. The 6p is on the approved listand it works well with DJI Go 4.

Regarding skipping on playback, using the hardware GPU to decide is key. My rather old Aspire V5 can play back OK so I lucked out there.

Last edited:
The Ultra Plus cards are too slow for 4K (per specs) You want Extreme Pro or equivalent min write speed of 60Mbps. The Ultras are like 40Mbps. Otherwise I don't think the video came out too bad. You were moving nice and slow so the data rate probably didn't max out.

The Ultra Plus cards are too slow for 4K (per specs) You want Extreme Pro or equivalent min write speed of 60Mbps. The Ultras are like 40Mbps. Otherwise I don't think the video came out too bad. You were moving nice and slow so the data rate probably didn't max out.
The package says 90 Mbps for the cards I got there were the best I could find in my Area Both Staples and Walmart didn't have the extreme cards for sale! It sucks living where I do people are so behind on times here

The package says 90 Mbps for the cards I got there were the best I could find in my Area Both Staples and Walmart didn't have the extreme cards for sale! It sucks living where I do people are so behind on times here

Yeah, they use the read speeds in advertising. The specs are less for that in Write mode. The Ultra Plus is a C10 U1 which has a minimum speed rating of 10MBps (probably more like 30 in practice) where the Extreme Pro is a minimum of 60 which is what 4K requires.

Yeah, they use the read speeds in advertising. The specs are less for that in Write mode. The Ultra Plus is a C10 U1 which has a minimum speed rating of 10MBps (probably more like 30 in practice) where the Extreme Pro is a minimum of 60 which is what 4K requires.

I found the issue was my laptop not liking the 4K video I had just reinstalled windows 7 and forgot to install the Nvidia drivers, it was using the Video on the I7 and it couldn’t handle the data, after uploading it to YouTube and playing it back at 1080 it was perfect. I have to upgrade the old dell it’s a 2013 even though it has a gen 3 or 4 I7 it’s still a little slow, I have a good desktop but I’m in a RV right now and the home built Desktop is a little much to take on the road.

Reactions: MadValley

I just order 2 Samsung MicroSDHC PRO Plus they should be fast enough
SD Speed Class
UHS-I U3 / Class10
Read Rate
Up to 100 MB/s
Write Rate
Up to 90 MB/s

Reactions: MadValley
Maybe its me but I just watched your YT video at 4K full screen on a 27 inch iMac. I did not think it was choppy at all

It was my laptop couldn’t handle the 4K I didn’t have the right video driver installed it was using the I7 on chip video instead of the Nvidia chip.

Reactions: FASTFJR
It was my laptop couldn’t handle the 4K I do have the right video driver installed it was using the I7 on chip video instead of the Nvidia chip.

That will do it everytime !

ad679610f0baa74f03ab2c703e586190.jpg
2e80e740566bc66793ae9271e406b7a2.jpg

Breaking out the big guns I’m tire of my weak A$$ Laptop lol

I didn’t want to set this up in a RV it’s a big system I built for gaming but after getting it set up the 3 Nvidia cards in SLI have no issues with 4K video the only drawbacks are 1 is it takes up my entire Dining room table:( it’s a lot for the 30 amp power limit to the RV the PC has a 1100 watt power supply and it easily pulls 900-950 watts when all 3 Graphic cards are working hard, and I now only have a 16” x 16” area to eat lol, until I get a new Dell Precision Laptop it will have to do!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190