DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Screen /Video Drop Out!

Ron_Dog

Reactions
Went on a few flights this afternoon and had my first ever screen/video drop out, also had the Transmission from the Tx drop down to nothing, triggering RTH. All this happened a 4600 feet distance? I've flown way farther than this without any problems? I also switched apps and flew the Mavic FPV app and got knocked off again in the same area, only instead of coming home, it climbed to max altitude and just hovered there. It wouldn't move no matter what stick commands I gave it. Both of these problems happened in a area we have flown over many times before without problems. I finally manually hit the RTH button on the Tx,and got it to creep ( 2 mph) towards home. Finally I got it to return to home, only it climbed to max altitude again,I forced it to land. Iam also using iOS 11.1 and GO 4 app V4.1.12.

Last edited:
After a year of amazing flying with my Mavic, I’m having similar problems all of a sudden and I have the same versions installed... not sure if it’s iOS or GO 4

Reactions: Ron_Dog
After a year of amazing flying with my Mavic, I’m having similar problems all of a sudden and I have the same versions installed... not sure if it’s iOS or GO 4
Yes this just came out of the blue, with the latest updates? Maybe GO 4 V 4.1.15? Who know's? DJI want's you to use the latest firmware/updates,but they do very little, to give you any faith in them actually working as stated!

I've never been so pi$$ed off in my life!:mad: First I get dropped video links today, and now I can't even get the MP to link up with the Tx!:mad: I updated the latest GO 4 app and it is even worse now! Besides not working at all it now dumps just setting there, and disconnects! Guess I won't be flying this weekend!:rolleyes: Thanks,DJI! I've went through everything tonight, and I'm pretty sure it's the iOS11.1 update! The sad part is there isn't a good way to go back to iOS 10.03. Some are trying with the instructions on you tube, and totally trashing their iPhones. Looks like it's time to blow the dust off the racing drones, and forget this BS!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d