DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First short flight with M3 Pro

Nice! Any CC or out of the camera?
That was shot with mLog (or whatever that abbreviation is) so a the mLog LUT was applied and then a final adjustment was added. The hyperlapse was, of course, images and CC was added to that too. There isn't much that I shoot that I don't do some CC on. Virtually nothing in fact. I really, really like the mLog function and will be using it all the time. I haven't had to try to match mLog to a Normal video as taken with the 7x yet but I think it's going to be easier than the dLog. In Final Cut Pro after applying the LUT and leaving it at 100%, I lightened the mid tones 7% and the dark areas 5% and that was it. No saturation was applied after the mLog LUT. The hyperlapse footage was hit harder. Shadows -9, Midtones -28 for exposure. For saturation the hyperlpase was bumped 49% which might have been a bit much. After shooting stills professionally I learned that most people like (as in they sell better) images that are over saturated to my taste so I do often times add more saturation than I personally think is warranted. I try to stop before I think "that's just ridiculous" but experience tells me that -most- folks will prefer more saturation to less. I have a pro acquaintance that saturates the duck out of most of his images. I mean OMG saturated. People love them.

That was shot with mLog (or whatever that abbreviation is) so a the mLog LUT was applied and then a final adjustment was added. The hyperlapse was, of course, images and CC was added to that too. There isn't much that I shoot that I don't do some CC on. Virtually nothing in fact. I really, really like the mLog function and will be using it all the time. I haven't had to try to match mLog to a Normal video as taken with the 7x yet but I think it's going to be easier than the dLog. In Final Cut Pro after applying the LUT and leaving it at 100%, I lightened the mid tones 7% and the dark areas 5% and that was it. No saturation was applied after the mLog LUT. The hyperlapse footage was hit harder. Shadows -9, Midtones -28 for exposure. For saturation the hyperlpase was bumped 49% which might have been a bit much. After shooting stills professionally I learned that most people like (as in they sell better) images that are over saturated to my taste so I do often times add more saturation than I personally think is warranted. I try to stop before I think "that's just ridiculous" but experience tells me that -most- folks will prefer more saturation to less. I have a pro acquaintance that saturates the duck out of most of his images. I mean OMG saturated. People love them.
Thanks for the ed. Have a Super Weekend!

Great video

We have an over-saturated guy here in Seattle too. Swears everything is straight out of the camera

I've seen bird photos posted online that have been so oversaturated that house sparrows begin to show peacock colors. And yet, there's always someone who says, "Beautiful!."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760