Join Us Now

Air 2s First shot from new to me Air 2S

• Thread starter Deleted member 170519
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 170519

Just received an Air 2S from DashSolo
First photo.
The drone was a little twitchy in the air. For the first flight I am thinking I should have calibrated the compass, IMU, and gimbal. Dont know what else it could have been that caused that.
Also, updated firmware could have given some fits. 02.04.2500
All in all, I am pleased with the way the photos come out compared to my mini 3 pro.IMG_3850.jpg

That is a nice scene there. I just can't believe how good these cameras are today. Seeing as I was raised on Kodak 126 and stuff. Even my 35mm decent camera cost almost as much as this whole drone does and it has a better camera on it.

That is a nice scene there. I just can't believe how good these cameras are today. Seeing as I was raised on Kodak 126 and stuff. Even my 35mm decent camera cost almost as much as this whole drone does and it has a better camera on it.
for the size of the sensor, its impressive. I really do like the camera they used on the air2s. Even better would have been the mavic 3 cine, but :)

As I said in the other thread (now removed), awesome photo!
Moved this thread to the correct location.

First photo.
The drone was a little twitchy in the air. For the first flight I am thinking I should have calibrated the compass, IMU, and gimbal. Dont know what else it could have been that caused that.
All in all, I am pleased with the way the photos come out compared to my mini 3 pro.View attachment 160124
Great photo

First photo.
All in all, I am pleased with the way the photos come out compared to my mini 3 pro.View attachment 160124
I too have an Air 2S and get great pictures but this one just seems like there was some post editing performed, right? In other words, the picture is too good.

I too have an Air 2S and get great pictures but this one just seems like there was some post editing performed, right? In other words, the picture is too good.
I sent this to my phone straight from the drone, cropped it to 16X9, and published it here. My phone might have added an aerial filter to it. I can't remember. But it was all in phone and was from the low res photo that was sent to my phone, I haven't downloaded the raw file yet. The only difference is that I had an ND/PL filter on the lens which might have added to the color cast.
I also shoot with a nikon z7ii and most of my out of camera shots come out good enough to publish.
Time of day is important.
This was taken around 630am.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent this to my phone straight from the drone, cropped it to 16X9, and published it here. My phone might have added an aerial filter to it. I can't remember. But it was all in phone and was from the low res photo that was sent to my phone, I haven't downloaded the raw file yet. The only difference is that I had an ND/PL filter on the lens which might have added to the color cast.
I also shoot with a nikon z7ii and most of my out of camera shots come out good enough to publish.
Time of day is important.
This was taken around 630am.
Amazing. Thanks for letting me know. So, what I learned is that a "too good" image can come directly from the Air 2S.

Amazing. Thanks for letting me know. So, what I learned is that a "too good" image can come directly from the Air 2S.
I hate photoshop. And I take lousy photos most of the time. Some come out great. Its timing. Light. I can tell you that I wouldn't get a shot like this if I were doing it at noon. Sometimes, out of camera works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice timing to achieve the great balance of light between the remaining daylight and light in the windows. Bend is a great city for twilight shots, which I’ve also flown with my Air 2s.

There are shots that come right out of the drone that truly are a ‘shock and awe’ moment. As a Real Estate Photographer, I use the drone more and more to capture exteriors instead of my many Sony cameras from the ground.

Let’s see more!

Nice timing to achieve the great balance of light between the remaining daylight and light in the windows. Bend is a great city for twilight shots, which I’ve also flown with my Air 2s.

There are shots that come right out of the drone that truly are a ‘shock and awe’ moment. As a Real Estate Photographer, I use the drone more and more to capture exteriors instead of my many Sony cameras from the ground.

Let’s see more!
I work for a property management firm as a building engineer here in Bend. I've thought about doing real estate photography for advertisements firms, but I really enjoy flying and taking photos and don't want to make it a profession.

Reactions: mereflyer
I work for a property management firm as a building engineer here in Bend. I've thought about doing real estate photography for advertisements firms, but I really enjoy flying and taking photos and don't want to make it a profession.
Probably a good decision as the RE market is very flat right now and has it's up's and down's. Your job is no doubt consistent. Keep me in mind if your company ever has a need for photos, video or drone. Youtube channel: @terryiversonphotography7492

Yes, ALWAYS calibrate the compass and doing the IMU in't a bad idea either. Then, at least you know if it's still wobbly, it's probably something else. But nice shot!
Actually, dumb me, it was in bypass mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS