DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First time Android user

A fully charged RC/Phone will last longer than three MP batteries - so if they are both charged when you charge the MP batteries, it's just not a problem worth worrying about.
It's also easy yo use your car or a decent battery pack between flights to keep both phone/RC topped up.

I have this power bank - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B076KS92ZT/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is this ok to use on the RC?

I've read some people say it's not good to charge the RC with anything other than the DJI charger.

I have this power bank - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B076KS92ZT/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is this ok to use on the RC?

I've read some people say it's not good to charge the RC with anything other than the DJI charger.
The RC charges via a standard USB charging ... so any USB charging is fine.

The power bank is more than adequate (mine is an Anker 26800) - and the twin USB means phone and RC can be recharged at the same time.

Over 4 months of camping and trekking, I used to just plug both into the Anker after each flight to keep them topped up. It worked fine and with 4 MP batteries, I doubt either got as low as 50%.

As I said - chances are you won't need the power bank unless you have 4+ MP batteries, since phone and RC last for 3 batteries down to my usual 15/20% level.

Edit: I do have a dedicated phone for the MP ... so no drain on that phone between flights.

Reactions: Youser
Had two flights this morning and the app crashed towards the end of the flight. Not too bothered about it but after getting home and checking the flight log, majority of the data was missing. Only had around 3 mins of data of a 20 minute flight. Is this normal with an app crash? Is there a way of having the data recorded more frequently?

During the second flight I got the message that my cache was full and the video recording had been stopped. Could this have affected the flight record? Guessing not as this was the second flight and data from the first flight was missing.

While thinking about the above, I was wondering what the app crashes could be related to on android.

I was using no other apps and my phone is advertised as having 3GB RAM. On the recommended list of phones, there are devices with only 2GB RAM. I can't see any reason for the app to crash other than the device not having enough power to run the app. What are your thoughts?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aeronkat