DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First time post

jaybyrd2k

Reactions
Greetings all!
Frequent visitor and avid post reader, first time posting. I feel like I know some of you already. I’ve had my Mavic for a few months now and enjoy it a lot! I live in central FL and fly around locally and at night quite a bit too. I’m a private pilot and added my part 107 rating recently. I work at the City drinking water plant and took some nice photos of the plant they are using on the city website, which pleases me. The director of my department said the city is going to buy a brand new Mavic for use taking photos of property and construction projects, etc., and I will be the only one to fly it! How cool is that? There may even be some extra compensation involved other than doing it on the clock.
So anyway- it did finally happen as I knew it would eventually, goofing around at the water plant. I dunked my Mavic in the water. A quick 30 second “kerplunk!” that was my fault. I dried it out, the battery is toast. It does fly just fine but the gimbal ribbon is damaged. Thunderdrones I need your help with the parts, please contact me!
Anyway, pleased to meet you all and I love all the knowledge and experience available here. Cheers!

Reactions: dirkclod
Last edited:
Greetings all!
Frequent visitor and avid post reader, first time posting. I feel like I know some of you already. I’ve had my Mavic for a few months now and enjoy it a lot! I live in central FL and fly around locally and at night quite a bit too. I’m a private pilot and added my part 107 rating recently. I work at the City drinking water plant and took some nice photos of the plant they are using on the city website, which pleases me. The director of my department said the city is going to buy a brand new Mavic for use taking photos of property and construction projects, etc., and I will be the only one to fly it! How cool is that? There may even be some extra compensation involved other than doing it on the clock.
So anyway- it did finally happen as I knew it would eventually, goofing around at the water plant. I dunked my Mavic in the water. A quick 30 second “kerplunk!” that was my fault. I dried it out, the battery is toast. It does fly just fine but the gimbal ribbon is damaged. Thunderdrones I need your help with the parts, please contact me!
Anyway, pleased to meet you all and I love all the knowledge and experience available here. Cheers!
Howdy from Wyoming jaybyrd2k, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Greetings all!
That is awesome. Be an awesome feeling with being the only one allowed to fly it.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Thanks for the replies!
I’ll order the cable tonight on my night shift. I miss my Mavic, at least I still have a little Hubsan toy drone I can zoom around indoors for grins.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman