DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 First twilight flight.

twickers14

Reactions
What, I hear you say, this guy’s been around for a few years, but I have never ventured out in low light with my drone and I was delighted with the experience. The landing light was brilliant at helping to maintain VLOS and stills were good on Auto setting. Suspect some of you will have known how to make the most of the light but I am happy with first attempt. The shot is looking up the Avon Gorge towards the City of Bristol with the famous suspension bridge lit in the distance. There was a bit of a sunset but not enough to shoot.
E995E944-5AC9-4FB7-BAEA-A17C8CD2ECF9.jpeg

@twickers14 hope you dont mind but i added an r in fist to the title ,nice pic

Nice shot.
Just remember OA may not work and it is likely that when you come into land the position holding may not be too good.....unless the bottom light takes care of that but its brightness can then make things a bit awkward for the eyes.
I have a reflector for the bottom light of the M2P and once made the mistake of glancing at the refected beam, possibly at dusk, bad mistake lol.

If you can slow the shutter speed down you can get some cracking light trails from traffic and the cars themselves can disappear. Though I'd guess you seen such images before.

Nice shot.
Just remember OA may not work and it is likely that when you come into land the position holding may not be too good.....unless the bottom light takes care of that but its brightness can then make things a bit awkward for the eyes.
I have a reflector for the bottom light of the M2P and once made the mistake of glancing at the refected beam, possibly at dusk, bad mistake lol.

If you can slow the shutter speed down you can get some cracking light trails from traffic and the cars themselves can disappear. Though I'd guess you seen such images before.
Thanks and yes the bottom light lit automatically when I took off and hovered for initial orientation. I kept it on as I said and it was a great help. I will try the shutter speed reduction next time.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
What, I hear you say, this guy’s been around for a few years, but I have never ventured out in low light with my drone and I was delighted with the experience. The landing light was brilliant at helping to maintain VLOS and stills were good on Auto setting. Suspect some of you will have known how to make the most of the light but I am happy with first attempt. The shot is looking up the Avon Gorge towards the City of Bristol with the famous suspension bridge lit in the distance. There was a bit of a sunset but not enough to shoot.
View attachment 157063
Very nice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial