DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Video with My Mavic Air

MarceloLi

Reactions
Still learning how to fly it but I think this video came nice, any advice?

Last edited:
Nice first video! my only advice, at one point you fade in to a reverse maneuver, I would leave that out and cut in while you are in reverse flight. and some of your lead up in your reveal seem a bit too long, Unless there is a fair amount of interest to draw the eye a long stretch of (in this case) white is a bit much. but excellent video regardless :)

I made my first video on the weekend then recut it (lopping off over a minute) and it seems to be much more engaging. I still need to cut it down a bit, but it was all the footage I got :p I made a video this morning I hope to make something of later today.

The biggest thing to learn with the mavic for video I find is consistently hitting the best light and exposure while filming, otherwise you make a lot of work for yourself in an editor later, ugh.

Reactions: MarceloLi
Nice first video! my only advice, at one point you fade in to a reverse maneuver, I would leave that out and cut in while you are in reverse flight. and some of your lead up in your reveal seem a bit too long, Unless there is a fair amount of interest to draw the eye a long stretch of (in this case) white is a bit much. but excellent video regardless :)

I made my first video on the weekend then recut it (lopping off over a minute) and it seems to be much more engaging. I still need to cut it down a bit, but it was all the footage I got :p I made a video this morning I hope to make something of later today.

The biggest thing to learn with the mavic for video I find is consistently hitting the best light and exposure while filming, otherwise you make a lot of work for yourself in an editor later, ugh.

Thank you for the feedback RKX, much appreciated.

Fantastic video for a first attempt! Could you check out my latets drone video? :)

Great video I am so jealous of your locations, I plan to go making lots of trips to find some when it finally warms up here. I don't fly around birds much, the one encounter I had with birds they chased my drone till i outran them (not my mavic)

Not much to complain about for either video, aside from little nitpicks that we all make :) you have one scene where you make a slight correction in direction (not talking the sweeping turns or turns for bird chasing) that pulls me out of the video at that moment. And honestly I find myself doing that kind of minor correction a lot myself (oh I scrap sooo much footage right now :p oh thats a beautiful shot I made :) *sees minor correction in flight* ugh **** trashes ruined clip). A couple of scenes were so short they probably could have been left out as I found myself in those scenes wanting to see a bit more. But beautifully put together very little to pick at. Better than mine :) ... so far lol.

*looks out my window to the 60k cold ontario winds and curses inwardly*

Great flying :)

Great video I am so jealous of your locations, I plan to go making lots of trips to find some when it finally warms up here. I don't fly around birds much, the one encounter I had with birds they chased my drone till i outran them (not my mavic)

Not much to complain about for either video, aside from little nitpicks that we all make :) you have one scene where you make a slight correction in direction (not talking the sweeping turns or turns for bird chasing) that pulls me out of the video at that moment. And honestly I find myself doing that kind of minor correction a lot myself (oh I scrap sooo much footage right now :p oh thats a beautiful shot I made :) *sees minor correction in flight* ugh **** trashes ruined clip). A couple of scenes were so short they probably could have been left out as I found myself in those scenes wanting to see a bit more. But beautifully put together very little to pick at. Better than mine :) ... so far lol.

*looks out my window to the 60k cold ontario winds and curses inwardly*

Great flying :)
Thank you very much for giving it a watch and giving some feedback! I must say though, I agree with 100% of what you said - it was after I exported the edit that I realised some of the clips were cut slightly to short and a couple of shots didn't really add anything to the film, especially the one where I turn the drone and leave the movement in the edit, that was very poor of me, but hey, it's a learning curve! Really appreciate your feedback and in the process of filming a new film as we speak - so hopefully this one is even better :D

Thank you very much for giving it a watch and giving some feedback! I must say though, I agree with 100% of what you said - it was after I exported the edit that I realised some of the clips were cut slightly to short and a couple of shots didn't really add anything to the film, especially the one where I turn the drone and leave the movement in the edit, that was very poor of me, but hey, it's a learning curve! Really appreciate your feedback and in the process of filming a new film as we speak - so hopefully this one is even better :D

Ya, it's not even one learning curve either, I mean it's not like there isn't enough to learn with these great drones, but we have to learn medium to advanced photography, videography, composition, and even after that then video editing, and worse, colour grading, which generally shows any area we are lacking.. UGH. lol it's a lot to learn, Every video gets better though, I always used to hate when people say oh I didn't like that or that, but then I look and realize hmm, they are right. it helps the learning process. Every day I fly I make a new video trying to improve.

have a great one :)

newbie here, vid is nicely done! how did you fade in and out, was that on a video editor? and was all this done off the same flight? you just took the best stuff and spliced it? also, music is soothing, where did you get your music? thanks..I'm really new to this coming from a cheap fixed camera fpv drone.

Reactions: MarceloLi
newbie here, vid is nicely done! how did you fade in and out, was that on a video editor? and was all this done off the same flight? you just took the best stuff and spliced it? also, music is soothing, where did you get your music? thanks..I'm really new to this coming from a cheap fixed camera fpv drone.
Thank you chefred, the transitions are made in post processing, I used DaVinci Resolve for it. You are right juts take small parts or the best footage and spilled it to create the clip. There is so many websites that sell music for videos and you can get also for free, just Google it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesseLaw