DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fix The Video Stutter...

royalpeeps

Reactions
Here's some footage I got from a video shoot at a friends auto shop the other day. Shot in 4K onto a high speed micro sd card. Edited and re-formatted to 1080p. Why the stutter? A few thoughts I have but just want some experts advise.

Micro SD card can't keep up with the quality. Do I need to film in 1080 or 2K? The stutter was worse when it was in 4K when I was trying to edit. That's why I went down to 1080. Computer is not an issue. High quality computer with plenty of RAM and gfx card.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2 times less though.

You apparently filmed in 24p. The whole point of 24p is to get cinema-like stuttery look.

Don't think it was 24p but will check. What should I film in to get a smooth video?

For watching on a computer a multiple of 30, and since the Mavic doesn't produce good output at >30, it is 30.

If it wasn't shot 24p then as your editing suite was set to that it introduced a conversion which is even worse.

Reshoot at 30fps? Or just leave it as it is since the normal speed footage isn't actually disturbing as a viewer here. The slowed bits are though...

Ok. Thanks. I'll look at my settings when I get home. What is the best settings for filming with the Mavic to achieve the best videos?

"Best videos" is subjective. Search a bit and you'll find a myriad of threads about it, and just as many opinions on the subject.

4K30, TruColor, manual WB as required (usually 5500K), appropriate ND filter for 1/25 to 1/100th shutter speed at ISO100.

And best SD card? Editing software? Just want to put out the best videos as I can and getting others opinions on what they use is very helpful. Thanks again.

I'm not sure there's any problem with your microSD card. Like others have said, I think the problem was the frame rate, which was then slowed down even more.

I prefer to do my editing in Adobe Premiere Pro. I shoot in 4K, 30 fps, and export my video the same in most cases. I have rendered at 1080 and 720 for specific uses.

"Best videos" is subjective. Search a bit and you'll find a myriad of threads about it, and just as many opinions on the subject.

Since you are just starting, if I were you I would shoot in 2.7k 30Fps and style settings +1+1+1 D-cinelike

Reactions: royalpeeps
Since you are just starting, if I were you I would shoot in 2.7k 30Fps and style settings +1+1+1 D-cinelike
@jamesw thank you. Yeah just starting out to aerial. Been doing photography for years so trying to put that thinking into this. But just starting out.

You can do some stuff with interpolation. I had some stuttery footage at normal play back so I double the sequence frame rate and set the time interpolation to frame blend and it did help out quite a lot. I did read this on a forum post a while back so I cant take credit. I use Premiere btw.

That said, If you can go back and re shoot I would. Its all good practice.

And please center the text at the end.

You can do some stuff with interpolation. I had some stuttery footage at normal play back so I double the sequence frame rate and set the time interpolation to frame blend and it did help out quite a lot. I did read this on a forum post a while back so I cant take credit. I use Premiere btw.

That said, If you can go back and re shoot I would. Its all good practice.

And please center the text at the end.
Yeah that was just a quick edit to just see how the footage turned out. A couple a seconds after that last car fly-by the drone went rogue and crashed into a wall. So I was just checking to see how the footage I did capture turned out.

I have a new Mavic Air 2 and the footage I shot recently in every case is stuttering. I took some advice off here and shot again in 4k 30FPS but it's still the same. Plays great on my phone (not the chard record) but won't play on my laptop which is a Mac Book Pro. Is there an editing suite anyone can recommend for bringing it together?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead