DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flashing rc?

mavic6611

Reactions
Hey guys, I'm not worried at all, more curious as to why the rc icon flashes even at full signal strength. Anyone who might happen to know the answer?

Hey guys, I'm not worried at all, more curious as to why the rc icon flashes even at full signal strength. Anyone who might happen to know the answer?

The rc icon flashes when it detects interference.

Smart watch on ??
Mobile device in flight mode ?
Standing close to a car with a wifi hub built in to it ??

That makes sense. Phone was in flight mode. However I had my SmartWatch on.
Thanks for your reply [emoji3]

That makes sense. Phone was in flight mode. However I had my SmartWatch on.
Thanks for your reply [emoji3]

If you are flying in a new location it could also be that. A way of testing this is when it happens brig the mavic back and land then restart the Mavic and RC after make some changes.

If you are flying in a new location it could also be that. A way of testing this is when it happens brig the mavic back and land then restart the Mavic and RC after make some changes.
What do you mean when you say make some changes?

What do you mean when you say make some changes?

Move from your current location ... sometimes 10 meters can make a difference especially if you are flying close to another drone pilot ??

Turn off WiFi on other devices etc.

Also don't fly with the RC aerials folded ?

Reactions: mavic6611
Everything you say makes perfect sense. I sometimes fly from my back garden where I'm surrounded by wifi. I notice it happens there also

Everything you say makes perfect sense. I sometimes fly from my back garden where I'm surrounded by wifi. I notice it happens there also

I get this often when flying in one of the locations I go to ... it does not prevent me from flying it just comes and goes just keep your flight range short when you know it is happening.

I get this often when flying in one of the locations I go to ... it does not prevent me from flying it just comes and goes just keep your flight range short when you know it is happening.
To be honest I've flown big distance whilst it's been flashing. But I wouldn't say it has an effect on range or signal. Have you had any problems with those things whilst flying?

To be honest I've flown big distance whilst it's been flashing. But I wouldn't say it has an effect on range or signal. Have you had any problems with those things whilst flying?
No this has never impacted range at all for me, I have just taken a bit more care with my flight plan and switched the RTH to hover just incase.

No this has never impacted range at all for me, I have just taken a bit more care with my flight plan and switched the RTH to hover just incase.
I always set RTH to return home, if signal gets completely lost and your craft is set to hover you may have an issue retrieving the connection again.
I'm more partial to long range flying though so itmay not particularly apply to you if you keep your aircraft relatively close by.

I always set RTH to return home, if signal gets completely lost and your craft is set to hover you may have an issue retrieving the connection again.
I'm more partial to long range flying though so itmay not particularly apply to you if you keep your aircraft relatively close by.

This always depends on the flying location and weather conditions so I change it based on this ... if I am flying uner something then signal lost RTH is always set to hover as it would crash otherwise but in open ground and flying at distance I set RTH to come home.

This always depends on the flying location and weather conditions so I change it based on this ... if I am flying uner something then signal lost RTH is always set to hover as it would crash otherwise but in open ground and flying at distance I set RTH to come home.
Yes that's definitely the best option. Something I never really thought about actually. I don't fly underneath anything in general. But definitely a good point incase I ever do

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rapidppoint