DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FLAT EARTH SOCIETY

Question - if the flat earth theory is correct, and all space travel has been faked (it's part of the theory), how does the GPS that guides our Mavics work? Where are the so called "satellites", if not in orbit? Why are satellite TV dishes aimed at the sky. I'm so (not) confused.

It's at the more extreme end but the flat earth conspiracy theory is part of a more general anti-science movement that encourages people to believe what they see and to distrust what they're told by the government and scientists. In day to day life it's difficult to see the curvature of the earth and indeed it does look flat so when there's others proclaiming it is flat, the idea has managed to gain traction.

Reactions: Qoncussion
HOW could someone not hit the edge, find the edge, flyover the edge or have a picture of the edge?

The edge of the Earth would remain to be the biggest and most significant wonder of the world IF IT ACTUALLY EXISTED, which it doesn't.

I'm ashamed for humankind when I see these types of ignorant conspiracy theorems - so sad.

Think of the awesome times and footage this guy could have had if he had a Mavic Pro and flew it instead of making this documentary.

Then again, I'm not sure we'd want him to be a Mavic pilot.

bc06894c2d870d3994756caeb81ab4ad.jpg

I have a book at home: plea for a flat earth (1963). 200 pages mathematical proof that the world is flat. Nasa is fooling us all. [emoji1]

bc06894c2d870d3994756caeb81ab4ad.jpg

I have a book at home: plea for a flat earth (1963). 200 pages mathematical proof that the world is flat. Nasa is fooling us all. [emoji1]

Then please enlighten us with answers to the questions I've asked or theorems that explain then - concerning the edge.

Reactions: hjmavic
Then please enlighten us with answers to the questions I've asked or theorems that explain then - concerning the edge.

You may borrow the book, nice (1963) story to read. Dont take my post to serious [emoji23][emoji851]

I mostly wanted to see if you would play along and give some crazy postulations

Ok sorry, thought that you took me for a believer [emoji1]

Last edited:
There is nothing, if you can climb over the edge you fall into space

Last edited:
Here's my take on the theory as a lecturer and open minded person.
Firstly ask yourself with the knowledge you currently have stored in that powerful mind we have how much of it is first person witness testimony (I.e you seen it) secondly how much of your belief is based on media such as tv news, hear say etc?
Then ask yourself do you trust those who are in control of the nations. If it's possible trust isn't there at the highest level then who can we believe unless you get in an anti grav mc and shoot up 1000 miles and view the earth from different angles.
The earth could be shaped like a sex toy unless u proved otherwise (discounting external sources).
My point being mass manipulation is a possibility unless you have solid proof.
The flat earth actually sounds like a stupid idiotic joke but I actually took time to research experiments which if true places the flat earth theory in a strong position. I have also considered the flat earth theory as a CIA experiment to see how social media can influence the masses with a ridiculous story.
Fact is there is no facts unless you prove it yourself.
Personally I think we're all sheep and scared to say "hold on a minute somethings wrong here" because our social up bringing from school educates us to follow a system.
I stand back awaiting the abuse. (Tin hat on ready).

Reactions: 4wd and Red_Raven
I can only humbly quote the greatest mind that ever existed:
"Any adventurous sailor who got funny ideas from staring at eggs and oranges for too long and set out for the antipodes soon learned that the reason why distant ships sometimes looked as though they were disappearing over the edge of the world was that... they were disappearing over the edge of the world."
:)
-Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

There was a time when contradicting the church's view that earth was flat and the heavens revolved above might have had you tortured or worse excommunicated :eek:
Those believing it flat then were not for the most part stupid but simply believed what was 'common knowledge'.
While flat earthers are now on a shaky wicket a lot of other 'common knowlwdge' truths are by no means as clear cut as we are told to believe.
A common one being Climate Change but lets not go there.

It's actually worser than "told to believe" because in some areas it is politically unacceptable to question the current mainstram view.
This is not how things should be, everything should be able to withstand questioning and over time the most likely correct thing to believe will often change a a result.

So dumb, sure NASA may lie, but not about the earth being round. There are projects from little kids who put a gopro on a weather balloon, you can clearly see the curvature of the earth. So what NASA captured their balloon and implanted fake video?

I don't know but I hope the oceans don't spring a leak .
Having researched this a bit, flat earthers do not believe in gravity. Therefore, the earth must be in a constant state of moving upward - at the rate of what we sane people call gravity. Ergo, life under the earth would be impossible, as the earth is constantly moving away. Their theories seriously fall apart when it comes to explaining satellites, such as the GPS satellites that guide our Mavics - which under this premise, must also be in a constant state of rising at the exact same rate as the earth. This would require constant propulsion and an infinite amount of fuel, plus zero degradation of the rocket booster system itself. So then, how many of you have looked up at night and seen the thousands of rocket flares lighting up the sky?

Do you guys think that there is any living adult on this planet who truly believe this flat earth story?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty