DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flew again today and did not lose/crash my drone

tleedom

Reactions
I have only been doing this for a couple months now, but for some reason I can go out and fly my MA through 3 or 4 batteries and come home with a undamaged drone. Reading some of the posts here it seems like I may be missing something, though I do prefer to get some of my experience from others actions.

Last edited:
i have flown my phantom 3 and my mpp for many months and have not had any problems or damage from crashing them i dont consider i am missing anything .with something as complex as our UAVs are there is always going to be the chance that something could go wrong during a flight and it is something we should be prepared for dont get complacent be happy you have had no issues

Reactions: Former Member
Sorry, I should have prefaced this post with "Warning Sarcasm Ahead"

I have only been doing this for a couple months now, but for some reason I can go out and fly my MA through 3 or 4 batteries and come home with a undamaged drone. Reading some of the posts here it seems like I may be missing something, though I do prefer to get some of my experience from others actions.

Just the opposite, I am amazed at the level of technology and the ease of use out of the box these aircraft have. The intent was to post the typical result of a day flying without incident which is repeated 1000's of times by 1000's of pilots every day. These typical days with pilots understanding their equipment and following the laws (and common sense) go unnoticed because those are infrequently posted. Instead we get the "I lost my (model name here) 1st flight and I don;t know why" posts.

Sorry for the rant

Just the opposite, I am amazed at the level of technology and the ease of use out of the box these aircraft have. The intent was to post the typical result of a day flying without incident which is repeated 1000's of times by 1000's of pilots every day. These typical days with pilots understanding their equipment and following the laws (and common sense) go unnoticed because those are infrequently posted. Instead we get the "I lost my (model name here) 1st flight and I don;t know why" posts.

Sorry for the rant
i agree with you about the reason for your original post and i myself have posted with similar comments there is one thing i have noticed with reguards to the posts about problems and that is the age of the posters it seems we older hands take more time to understand our UAVs and therefore we also fly them with more care this is a general observation and i am not saying that all younger people do not do the same i guess it is a generational thing we are amazed by the tech this generation expect it

Reactions: tleedom
i agree with you about the reason for your original post and i myself have posted with similar comments there is one thing i have noticed with regards to the posts about problems and that is the age of the posters it seems we older hands take more time to understand our UAVs and therefore we also fly them with more care this is a general observation and i am not saying that all younger people do not do the same i guess it is a generational thing we are amazed by the tech this generation expect it

Agreed

I didn't want to go there and hurt someones feelings.

Kind of like I was thinking that, but have a "Did I say it out loud moment". I have to keep telling my self to use my "inside voice" more and more lately so no one is offended.

Reactions: old man mavic
Agreed

I didn't want to go there and hurt someones feelings.

Kind of like I was thinking that, but have a "Did I say it out loud moment". I have to keep telling my self to use my "inside voice" more and more lately so no one is offended.
there is no harm in saying it we are all different and this forum is a place to express our views as long as we are polite and dont belittle other peoples views its all good the world would be a dull place to live if we were all the same

Along that same train of thought, us older pilots most likely have made our share of mistakes in our younger years, so we have learned (the hard way) to be more cautious. OR (and I'm speaking for myself) are just too cheap to keep buying new toys and wrecking them!

Along that same train of thought, us older pilots most likely have made our share of mistakes in our younger years, so we have learned (the hard way) to be more cautious. OR (and I'm speaking for myself) are just too cheap to keep buying new toys and wrecking them!
you could be right been there done that there is no substitute for experience

Years ago, when I flew gas powered RC planes, I had many catastrophic crashes. That's the kind where you arrive at the field with a gorgeous aircraft and leave with a basket of splinters. Truly heart-wrenching. We used to say: "two more flights today", so that we implied a plane that returns in one piece from the next flight.

It's so nice with the Mavic Air to have it fly itself and just have to be thinking about where to tell it to go. I'm up to about 30 flights and have not had any close calls. Not as thrilling as an RC aircraft, but much easier to replace if a problem does happen.

Always happy after a flight with no issues.

My wife thinks I should stop reading this forum because she thinks its making me too paranoid to fly. No.....I'm just cautious....17mph wind makes me a little worried as do high-powered, interstate power lines and flying over water. But, I still have my Mavic...... :)Thumbswayup

The way the Mavic handles the wind is one of the many things that amazed me about this drone. Not only does it warn you when there's high winds, but you can still take really smooth video with 17 or 20 mph winds.

Reactions: JDawg and tleedom
My wife thinks I should stop reading this forum because she thinks its making me too paranoid to fly. No.....I'm just cautious....17mph wind makes me a little worried as do high-powered, interstate power lines and flying over water. But, I still have my Mavic...... :)Thumbswayup
Nothing wrong with cautious but I think sensible would be a better word like me you want your UAV to last for as long as possible

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98