DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flew my Mavic 2 in Jamaica while on vacation

diamonddawg21

Reactions
I took my Mavic 2 with me for our family vacation and was able to take it up a few times. I prefer to fly when people are not anywhere around so I would get up super early in the mornings when the beach was empty. I did have two people notice me flying on two different and days and they both came right up and started asking questions. The first encounter was with a mom and her two daughters who actually noticed me looking up and were trying to see what I was gazing at. I explained to them what it was and then the questions kept coming, enough that I had to bring my bird in, land it and show them all the shiny bits. I used the opportunity to explain the hobby and how I use the quad to capture vacation footage of my family. The mom and her daughters were amazed and I took the mavic back up and let them watch the screen as I flew out over the water. The 2nd person was just as cool, but he was a bit tipsy or fighting a hangover from the night before. If anyone is interested I can post a link to the youtube video I created, but it is DSLR and mavic footage combined. I will swing back and created a video of all Mavic footage a bit later.

Great job on the video! What camera did you use for ground shots?

What are your thoughts on the Ronin SC on the A7III? I only have a handheld rig at the moment but would like to add a Gimbel at some point.
I love it but haven’t had to time to use it yet other than just testing around the house. Very impressed with the product!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ