DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flew my Mavic 2 in Jamaica while on vacation

diamonddawg21

Reactions
I took my Mavic 2 with me for our family vacation and was able to take it up a few times. I prefer to fly when people are not anywhere around so I would get up super early in the mornings when the beach was empty. I did have two people notice me flying on two different and days and they both came right up and started asking questions. The first encounter was with a mom and her two daughters who actually noticed me looking up and were trying to see what I was gazing at. I explained to them what it was and then the questions kept coming, enough that I had to bring my bird in, land it and show them all the shiny bits. I used the opportunity to explain the hobby and how I use the quad to capture vacation footage of my family. The mom and her daughters were amazed and I took the mavic back up and let them watch the screen as I flew out over the water. The 2nd person was just as cool, but he was a bit tipsy or fighting a hangover from the night before. If anyone is interested I can post a link to the youtube video I created, but it is DSLR and mavic footage combined. I will swing back and created a video of all Mavic footage a bit later.

Great job on the video! What camera did you use for ground shots?

What are your thoughts on the Ronin SC on the A7III? I only have a handheld rig at the moment but would like to add a Gimbel at some point.
I love it but haven’t had to time to use it yet other than just testing around the house. Very impressed with the product!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000