DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flickering problems

Nicolas

Reactions
Hi gurus!

I've just finished editing this video and I can't understand why I have so muck flickering at 00:30. I've tried a few things including the anti-flickering effect on Premiere Pro but I can't really get rid of this. Any ideas/resources to read about this?

Thanks you!

Nicolas

I'm gonna guess that you shot that with a fairly high shutter speed ?

Alas, it can be very hard / nigh on impossible get rid of that flickering after the fact. It's called 'Moire' and will happen whenever there are straight parallel lines on the things you are filming.

At 30 seconds we particularly notice the flickering on the roof, which is one such object.

Some editing apps have a 'remove moire' option, which can work to some extent, but usually it is best minimized in the camera settings before you record the shot, which you can do by reducing the sharpness, or by using ND filters which can bring your shutter speed down, which has the effect of slightly blurring the footage, which also minimizes these effects. It can sometimes help to down-res the video as well, but in general I am afraid to say 'once it's there, it's pretty much there to stay'...

I'm gonna guess that you shot that with a fairly high shutter speed ?

Alas, it can be very hard / nigh on impossible get rid of that flickering after the fact. It's called 'Moire' and will happen whenever there are straight parallel lines on the things you are filming.

At 30 seconds we particularly notice the flickering on the roof, which is one such object.

Some editing apps have a 'remove moire' option, which can work to some extent, but usually it is best minimized in the camera settings before you record the shot, which you can do by reducing the sharpness, or by using ND filters which can bring your shutter speed down, which has the effect of slightly blurring the footage, which also minimizes these effects. It can sometimes help to down-res the video as well, but in general I am afraid to say 'once it's there, it's pretty much there to stay'...

Thank you AeroJ for your input, I am a bit puzzled as a shot with ND16 filters and a shutter speed of 1/50th. Could I have missed anything else?

Nicolas

..also why is it saturated in purple?

Hi SpinItUp, to me this is an issue with the Vimeo thumbnail. Do you see this purple saturation anywhere else in the video?

Thank you again, really appreciated :)

Nicolas

I am a bit puzzled as a shot with ND16 filters and a shutter speed of 1/50th. Could I have missed anything else?
Oh, OK. Were you shooting at 25 FPS ?

Do you see this purple saturation anywhere else in the video?
Yes, it's going on all through it. I put that down to a grading issue - too much saturation and inaccurate white balance...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose