DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight behaviour

beejAMG

Reactions
Good day! I have 3 successful flights under my belt (embarassing i know) as a beginner and yesterday I felt its time to fly normal mode.

first 3 flights i thought the Mavic was great until yesterday......its freakin' awesome!!!
cant wait to have the confidence to go higher, faster and farther...sooner.

one concern but. I know when you push the throttle forward the nose dips. im guessing its a normal behaviour for the Mavic to slowly lose altitude whilst movin forward if youre not touching the altitude stick or am I wrong to say that?

Reactions: Soundtekk
Wait till you go sport mode. That tilt is known as AOA, angle of attack. Are you sure you are losing altitude? I have seen it and thought I was but not significantly.

Reactions: beejAMG
Wait till you go sport mode. That tilt is known as AOA, angle of attack. Are you sure you are losing altitude? I have seen it and thought I was but not significantly.

thanks for the reply.
i wasnt flying high as im still hesitant prolly about 8 ft off the ground. from hover i push the throttle forward and noticed i was getting closer to the ground (or so it seemed) didnt come to me to check my altitude on the phone screen but maybe i should next time.

Go out to some open space, and fly at least 10' above highest obstruction. As you push the nose forward, start watching your altitude on GO4.

Reactions: beejAMG
Should not loose more then a few inches and then it should regain it very quickly.

Go out to some open space, and fly at least 10' above highest obstruction. As you push the nose forward, start watching your altitude on GO4.

thanks for the reply guys. will test it out as soon as I get the chance and report back.

flew for a brief yesterday arvo just to check. and indeed, it dips down to move forward then slightly loses altitude but almost instantly regains it. i know coz i was looking at the altitude reading and not the drone itself. so yeah, happy days!

again thanks for the replies. I really appreciate it.

I do have an issue with this. My drone has the behaviour (happend now 5x since I bought the drone in May) that it goes simutaniously up with 0.5m/s when pushing the forward button and goes down with 0.5m/s when going backward. Very annoying specially it happens only intermittend so hard to known why it happens (mavic air). And frustraing when you cant fly in a straight line.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun