DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Data Logs not Syncing

Wetumpka

Reactions
If I go to Profiles>More>Flight Data Center I continually see a notification that the last several flight data was not uploaded. If I attempt to upload them, I get the error upload failed. I have Auto Sync enabled, but it doesn't appear to happen. However, if I sync the flights with AirData, they seem to upload fine because all of info is there for every flight.

How can I check whether the upload is being sent to the correct URL, and if not how can I find the correct URL?

I appreciate any assistance with this. I have attached a screenshot of the error.IMG_0674.PNG

Bob

If I go to Profiles>More>Flight Data Center I continually see a notification that the last several flight data was not uploaded. If I attempt to upload them, I get the error upload failed. I have Auto Sync enabled, but it doesn't appear to happen. However, if I sync the flights with AirData, they seem to upload fine because all of info is there for every flight.

How can I check whether the upload is being sent to the correct URL, and if not how can I find the correct URL?

I appreciate any assistance with this. I have attached a screenshot of the error.

Bob
Did you set up your DJI account credentials correctly?
Are you connected to a WiFI router that is on the internet?

I appreciate any assistance with this. I have attached a screenshot of the error.View attachment 97230

Bob

Hi Bob......

I will assume from the screenshot that you are on an ios device.

I recently switched to an iPhone 6s Plus (in the hope of resolving the orientation indicator issue - it didn't) from an Android device, and I too am experiencing this flight data sync problem on the iPhone. I have also been manually uploading the flight logs to Airdata. But what I have noticed, is that after several hours the flights will sync, and eventually show up also on my Androids Flight Data Center. Unless of course, the Android is now getting the data from the Airdata servers! Not sure about this.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Thank you. I previously noticed the same thing, that after several hours they would sync. But not they are not syncing at all. I also occasionally use an Android tablet
to fly and have not had this issue on that device. But I have not seen very many posts anywhere complaining of this.
Hope it does get sorted soon before I need those logs.
I had thought that the next app update might solve it, but I have seen quite a few posts about issues with the recent update, so I am going to leave well enough alone for now.

If I sync my flights and next time I go to the data center in the app it still shows no data uploaded while at the moment I do upload them it says uploading succesfull completed. But same issue if return to the data center. It very annoying.

i had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago my flights from the GO4 app would not sync then later on in the evening i tried again and they went straight through i believe it has to do with the servers being overwhelmed by the amount of data being sent due to all the world having to social distance and so many people accessing the internet at the moment it seems to vary at different times of day and where the info is going

Reactions: WooZie
I'm having this issue or something very similar too with the Fly app on an Android (Samsung S10). App is set to automatically sync flight data and when I go to the "flight data center" all the flights are there, but the distance and time are low and it says there is some number of flight records not uploaded. I tap 'upload' and it says 'uploading' maybe for a couple minutes. Then it says 'upload successful' but in fact nothing has changed. It appears the upload was not really successful. The list of individual flights is always correct, it's just the total time and distance that are off. Sometimes a few records will sync, but I've never seen it just sync all the records it says aren't uploaded. Any thoughts? Should I just leave the Fly app running overnight and see what happens? I'm new here, just got my Mini on March 20. I really appreciate all the comments; I'm learning a lot.

I'm having this issue or something very similar too with the Fly app on an Android (Samsung S10). App is set to automatically sync flight data and when I go to the "flight data center" all the flights are there, but the distance and time are low and it says there is some number of flight records not uploaded. I tap 'upload' and it says 'uploading' maybe for a couple minutes. Then it says 'upload successful' but in fact nothing has changed. It appears the upload was not really successful. The list of individual flights is always correct, it's just the total time and distance that are off. Sometimes a few records will sync, but I've never seen it just sync all the records it says aren't uploaded. Any thoughts? Should I just leave the Fly app running overnight and see what happens? I'm new here, just got my Mini on March 20. I really appreciate all the comments; I'm learning a lot.
Update - I tried something that seemed to work to get my flight logs to update in the Fly App. I'm frankly not sure if there is any cause-and-effect relationship here, but there is correlation... After selecting 'update' to have the app update the unsynced flight records, I hit the back arrow in the app and picked the forum link. The forum opens up and you can see some posts, so I was connected to a DJI server someplace. Then when I went back to the flight records, they were all synced. This worked twice. It could simply be coincidence too...

Reactions: Miro Kolev
I'm having the same trouble, using current version of the DJI Fly app on iOS. Although this is a new drone (Mini 2), I own 3 other DJI drones and have many successful flights uploaded. I've tried logging out and then back in again, no joy. It's quite frustrating as the data is then not getting sent over to Airdata.

Reactions: shaneb50
I having the same problem with mi air 2 that after star flying it i used my galaxy s20 but after a few flights switched to a galaxy s7 edge that had stored for a while, first app was the 1.2.1 version, then updated to the 1.3.0 that did not liked so decide to go back to the previous one so i deleted from the phone and reinstalled but the all data been lost , now i trying to figure it out how to getting it back, other concern is that i have sync flight data turned on in both phones but nothing happen, it should be able to transfer the records from one to other phone but nothing happen,also it state that it sync the flight data to the cloud automatically over the WiFi to see it in other devices ( wich cloud?) will appreciate if somebody can help with this

Any cure for this? My flights had been syncing seamlessly until 3 weeks ago, then stopped. I've uninstalled & reinstalled the Air Data App ( ver. 2.0.199, build 199) but nothing seems to work. Tried manually syncing, but flights that show up in DJI FLY are not syncing. Running Android S20FE5G, Mini3Pro, RC-N1, all DJI firmware up to date, Android 13 &14 workaround complied with. I'm out of ideas. Further digging points to a Samsung or Google update as the cause. Since 2/1/24 Air Data hasn't captured flights from DJI FLY and the Android 13 & 14 workaround is no longer working.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU