DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight distance may exceed line-of-sight warning

Thanks Done.

While it is true that DJI's current proposal is that only law enforcement will be able to determine where the pilot is located, this is not the way the Remote ID Proposal by the FAA is currently written. At the end of the day, I think we both agree that (a) law / air traffic control enforcement should have a way of identifying who is flying illegally somewhere and track them down and fine them heavily for breaking the law and (b) only law enforcement should be able to track down the individual pilots. Let us hope that that message is being heard by the FAA and that they adjust their proposals accordingly.

Another topic which could be discussed (but probably not in this forum or this thread) is the whole question of privacy about where you were and where you were flying, when you were LEGALLY flying. There are constitutional protections about unjustified law enforcement surveillance of legal activities, and the Remote ID proposal is awash in potential violations to those constitutional rights. This is a topic that I do not feel overly concerned about (in today's world where individual privacy is wiped out each time we visit a web site, pay online, google search something, etc., etc.), I think that is a losing battle. Personally, I am not overly concerned if law enforcement is monitoring me as I try to be legal in what I do. Other folks may feel otherwise.

At the end of the day, something needs to be, and likely will be done. My original point was that if we all, as a community, obey the rules that exist today, the implementation of Remote ID need not be as intrusive and constricting as the current proposal is written.

Bottom line ... flight safe and legal. and above all, maintain VLOS. If the new warning banner about exceeding the line-of-site distance is blocking your view of the screen, then don't fly so far away ;)

It’s so ironic my neighbor complained about my drone possibly violating his privacy and yet he has a Facebook account.

I pointed out that since he has one story house my phone would do a better job of that - it’s silent.

Well, I changed the permissions but I still get this:
"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."
Read it good it takes awhile.

Reactions: PTBperegrine
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member