DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight log half missing.

Kaye

Reactions
I lost connection to my Air 2, it started coming home and I regained connection and continued to fly. Later I checked the log and it only recorded to the point where I lost signal. After I regained control there was no log. Any thoughts on why this happened?

Reactions: The Harleyman
The log is a registration of data received by the controller. Losing the control to the drone means, losing the data. For the times there is no connection between drone and controler, you will not have a log.

I have wondered about this and purely by coincidence about an hour ago I had my MM hovering indoors, I wanted to see what it would do with no GPS and no control signal so I switched the controller off. It hovered but I now have a recent flight with a loss of signal in the middle. I will check its logs in a little bit. I should also have the logs from a genuine loss of signal MM flight but they will take some time to find.

How long in time was the disconnect? It has just comeback to me that the txt log for the real loss of signal flight is 'continuous' and covers both the outbound and return flights. In the past I have watched the replay on my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just took a flight of a few miles... Signal the whole time. No issues. The log in my profile shows a 6m flight. I'm not sure what's going on.

Later I checked the log and it only recorded to the point where I lost signal. After I regained control there was no log.
If you have signal connection, flight data is getting back to the app and should be recorded.
Possibly as a second file if it's not together with the earlier part of the flight.

If you have signal connection, flight data is getting back to the app and should be recorded.
Possibly as a second file if it's not together with the earlier part of the flight.
I thought the same thing. When I land I look at the map and it's all there. Maybe because I have sync turned on and when I fly with my tablet I don't always have data connection? I just flew with my phone and it was fine. I'm leaning towards the tablet losing wifi connection and then the profile log ends. I'm sure if I had a computer I could probably download the actual log off the done. I'm going to experiment with connecting my tablet to my phone as a hot spot.... Maybe will work.

How long in time was the disconnect? It has just comeback to me that the txt log for the real loss of signal flight is 'continuous' and covers both the outbound and return flights. In the past I have watched the replay on my phone.
Disconnect was maybe, fifteen seconds. I think not having a good data connection is messing me up. Data to wifi drops then the live log ends until the next takeoff with wifi. I bet my log is in tact on the drone, I just don't have a way to get it.

I suspect the drone has some buffering capability, afterall my MM is often switched on before the controller and the DAT logs on the phone seem fine.
It would be interesting to know if anyone knows differently.
As others have asked, do you have several txt logs covering the time the drone was switched on i.e. covering the time covered by the DAT or are both the DAT and the txt log 'short'?

I haven't had a chance to look at the logs of the just flown flight but the txt flightlog, i.e. DJIFlightRecord_2020_wyz.txt, of the old flight with the real loss of signal definitely spans the loss of signal, in fact it spans 2 losses of signal.
I seem to have had a hiccup before the loss that triggered the RTH.

I suspect the drone has some buffering capability, afterall my MM is often switched on before the controller and the DAT logs on the phone seem fine.
It would be interesting to know if anyone knows differently.
As others have asked, do you have several txt logs covering the time the drone was switched on i.e. covering the time covered by the DAT or are both the DAT and the txt log 'short'?
I am unable to connect to a computer because I don't have one. When you look at the logs under your profile in the fly app... That's what I'm looking at. The log isn't broke up into small pieces there.

There you may still be able to see if there are two or more logs covering the time the drone was powered. Each DJIFlightRecord_2020_wyz.txt log seems to generate its own entry in what is shown there. I can see txt's that are separated by 16 seconds but those were stop and start hops indoors

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an experience like that where I lost and regaiined signal. About a month later I was tinkering with the DJI Fly app and decided to take a look at the replay but it only played up the point where I lost signal. Then I remembered I was using a spare iPhone with the controller on that flight. So I open the DJI Fly app on that iPhone, then went to my synced flights where I was able to replay that flight in its entirety.

Reactions: Kaye
Whooops forgot about this but just looked now and the DAT and txt logs for yesterday's switch the remote off and on again flight span the signal loss 'gap' i.e. they run from motor start to motor stop etc..

I had an experience like that where I lost and regaiined signal. About a month later I was tinkering with the DJI Fly app and decided to take a look at the replay but it only played up the point where I lost signal. Then I remembered I was using a spare iPhone with the controller on that flight. So I open the DJI Fly app on that iPhone, then went to my synced flights where I was able to replay that flight in its entirety.
I was able to replicate the issue by using the auto sync feature in my profile. Turning that off and synching later on seems to have remedied the issue. It was happening all day yesterday when using my tablet to fly with. Maybe because I'm using a non approved tablet... Who knows.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut