DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Logs

crashbandit

Reactions
Before updating to the latest DJI Fly app, i got a prompt saying after the update I'll be able to download all my flight logs from their server. Anyone able to do so? cant find the option. Already grabbed what i could from RC but the rest is in the cloud. Nothing should be lost though, I usually have to sync and clear cache every 1 and a half weeks. Honestly doesn't make sense why we cant just download logs to SD card. The slot is basically useless

Before updating to the latest DJI Fly app, i got a prompt saying after the update I'll be able to download all my flight logs from their server. Anyone able to do so? cant find the option. Already grabbed what i could from RC but the rest is in the cloud. Nothing should be lost though, I usually have to sync and clear cache every 1 and a half weeks. Honestly doesn't make sense why we cant just download logs to SD card. The slot is basically useless
Keeping up on current events? Wouldn’t surprise me at all if shutting down the servers for flight logs is an attempt to get ahead of the Congressional ban flying this way.

‘DJI recently announced it will permanently disable the option for US drone pilots to sync their flight logs to DJI’s servers. The drone maker says this decision has been taken following an evaluation of the company’s data policy in line with market demands and privacy expectations. The change will start reflecting in the DJI Fly app from Wednesday. The same day, a bill proposing to ban DJI drones in the US has been scheduled for a Senate hearing amid data security concerns.

For now, drone operators will have to obtain the records of their flights from the next update to the DJI Fly app (v1.13.8). This version will support a batch download of flight records, allowing users to bulk download flight records from the cloud to local mobile devices, provided the SD card is not removed before or during the process.

But going forward, pilots will need to find alternatives to ensure that their flight logs can still be seamlessly accessed for data sharing or analysis. One option is to continue manually exporting the drone flight logs. Others may want to utilize third-party apps such as Litchi or DroneDeploy since software built through DJI’s Mobile SDK will not be affected by this change.‘

Reactions: crashbandit
Why else would I be here on the 12th if I wasn’t keeping up 😂 the problem was I had an update for 1.13.4, not 1.13.8. I still got a prompt saying that I’ll be able to download my logs in “in the next update” even though I was updating to 1.13.4. Thanks for the article though, didn’t know the version of the update that would allow batch download

Why else would I be here on the 12th if I wasn’t keeping up 😂 the problem was I had an update for 1.13.4, not 1.13.8. I still got a prompt saying that I’ll be able to download my logs in “in the next update” even though I was updating to 1.13.4. Thanks for the article though, didn’t know the version of the update that would allow batch download
Cheers, mate! And happy flying. It’s only going to get crazier from here, I fear.

I think the ability to download previously synced logs has always existed.
You just sync as per normal and it down loads those previously synced logs that are not on your screen device. So, trigger a sync to an empty phone etc. and you will down load all the previously synced logs.
Some people have used this to transfer logs to a new screen device.

Two points,
1) from my experiments the fly app will only down load fly app logs, go will only down load go logs and go4 will only download go4 logs.
2) Similarly I think you might find that if you use a number of logins/accounts then each login will only sync ( in either direction ) its own logs.

Last edited:
I think the ability to download previously synced logs has always existed.
You just sync as per normal and it down loads those previously synced logs that are not on your screen device. So, trigger a sync to an empty phone etc. and you will down load all the previously synced logs.
Some people have used this to transfer logs to a new screen device.

Two points,
1) from my experiments the fly app will only down load fly app logs, go will only down load go logs and go4 will only download go4 logs.
2) Similarly I think you might find that if you use a number of logins/accounts then each login will only sync ( in either direction ) its own logs.
I'll take a look at this as well. thanks.Do you know of anyway to save flight records from RC on to SD card? I'm seeing that its most likely not possible though

I'll take a look at this as well. thanks.Do you know of anyway to save flight records from RC on to SD card? I'm seeing that its most likely not possible though
I think that that is the way I have seen described, have a look at
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
But skip the first 70 seconds of waffle, you might need to slow the replay rate down to see what he does. I am deaf so I need to do that in order to read the subtitles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avivf377