DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight range

8km is the Ocusync 2.0 range (how far away you can be and still maintain control). 18km at 50kph is the extreme one-way flight endurance test. Two very different stats. One tests the range of the control signal, the other tests the endurance of the battery. But at least it means that with a fresh battery and under ideal conditions you should be able to fly to the edge of the OcuSync control range and still return to home before crashing and burning ;-)

The propulsion system on the M2 will go more than 18km because I've been over 18km with a stock Mavic Platinum with just parameter changes and a boosted RC.

Hoping for 10km x 2 with mine.

Reactions: SkyNinja
For an endurance test, I would rather use POI and get it to fly in a circle until it's around 5% battery and land. Lower risk and less stress.

For an endurance test, I would rather use POI and get it to fly in a circle until it's around 5% battery and land. Lower risk and less stress.
Anyone could do that. Part of long range flying is reading wind and managing energy to decide where to turn around. And flying at the optimal true air speed in any condition.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb