DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FLIGHT SIMULATOR

Fercan

Reactions
Hello People,
I'm new with drones. Have never ever flown one and I have just bought a Mavic Air 2. I do a lot of outdoor activities and that´s why I wanted one. Obviously I don´t want to crash it on my first flight. I have a MacBook Air (2019 OS Catalina 10.15.4). I will be receiving it in a week so the question is, which drone flight simulator would you recommend to do some training? I'd like to start checking them out. Wouldn´t mind to spend a few $. Many thanks!

Reactions: Hauptmann
In all honesty, I don’t think most DJI drone pilots (even totally raw ones) need to worry about sims.
They pretty much fly themselves.

Proper FPV drone flying is a GREAT idea to get on sims for many hours to learn those fine control inputs.

Check out MA2 unboxing / first flight video tutorials on YouTube and you’ll be fine.
RTH settings checked.
Beginner mode.
Big, flat, open area devoid of people, and some basic squares / figure 8s, after a very short time you’ll be ready to start some fun with other manoeuvres and sports mode [emoji16]

In all honesty, I don’t think most DJI drone pilots (even totally raw ones) need to worry about sims.
They pretty much fly themselves.

Proper FPV drone flying is a GREAT idea to get on sims for many hours to learn those fine control inputs.

Check out MA2 unboxing / first flight video tutorials on YouTube and you’ll be fine.
RTH settings checked.
Beginner mode.
Big, flat, open area devoid of people, and some basic squares / figure 8s, after a very short time you’ll be ready to start some fun with other manoeuvres and sports mode [emoji16]
Yes, I tend to agree with you and that´s my plan. Still would like to spend some time on a flight sim.
Have a good weekend!

I know that this will not help you now as you are looking for a simulator to fly in before you have received your drone.
But when you have received your MA2 you can train in the DJI Assistant simulator.

It is basic and looking pretty dull but you can train flying on it. You will get an understanding how the stick movements interact with the drone.
I have tested for the first time this evening, training to do as smooth eights as possible, fly in 360 around with the camera facing the center.

But it needs the drone connected to the computer for it to work.

Hello People,
I'm new with drones. Have never ever flown one and I have just bought a Mavic Air 2. I do a lot of outdoor activities and that´s why I wanted one. Obviously I don´t want to crash it on my first flight. I have a MacBook Air (2019 OS Catalina 10.15.4). I will be receiving it in a week so the question is, which drone flight simulator would you recommend to do some training? I'd like to start checking them out. Wouldn´t mind to spend a few $. Many thanks!
Get a small Hubsan mini quad to practice flying in the house. That's how all of us learned! It will crash into walls and ceilings as you learn to fly, but it takes a licking and keeps on ticking! They are around $40 and fun to fly, and even have cameras.

This thing is not difficult to fly. I never owned a drone in my life, just got the air 2 and I'd like to think I'm doing pretty good. Like others have said, take it out to a wide open area and practice.
This. Bought my first drone (MM) a month ago and just started flying it. Go slow and be careful. Easy to fly but you can get in trouble until you are used to it. Liked it so much I bought an MA2. You will get good at flying in no time.

You learn by doing; and you do by learning.

So get out there and do; and while you're at it, learn!

(Ok...... don't know where I pulled that one out of - 10am, must have already had one cup too many)!

I know that this will not help you now as you are looking for a simulator to fly in before you have received your drone.
But when you have received your MA2 you can train in the DJI Assistant simulator.

It is basic and looking pretty dull but you can train flying on it. You will get an understanding how the stick movements interact with the drone.
I have tested for the first time this evening, training to do as smooth eights as possible, fly in 360 around with the camera facing the center.

But it needs the drone connected to the computer for it to work.

If you have a pc go to DJI and download the simulator from there. You use your remote and can fly most of the DJI drones in sim worlds.

If you have a pc go to DJI and download the simulator from there. You use your remote and can fly most of the DJI drones in sim worlds.
I´ll wait until I get the drone and then start with the sim using the A2 remote Controller. And I have a Mac and as far as I checked out, the DJI sim does not work on Macs yet.... Thank you!

Hello People,

I Just finished researching the issue of simulators. The best I could find was Zephyr, which was mediocre at best., as follows:
Using the keyboard as a controller was miserable, not to mention not useful practice for actual flying. Zephyr did just OK with a wired Xbox 360 controller on my MacBook. You Need to download a driver for the Xbox controller.

There is a free trial version of Zephyr, good for 30 days. It is expensive $99. It has a number of “ Scenarios” Missions, which generally involves flying to specific location with some Percision. The joysticks on the Xbox 360 controller were way too sensitive though. I think that probably is the fault of the driver. I will not be buying it

DGI ‘s only simulator for Mac is the “Academy” in GoFly 4. It provides VERY little in the way of practice. You will reach it’s maximum usefulness in about seven minutes. Maybe seven minutes and 20 seconds.

I Just finished researching the issue of simulators. The best I could find was Zephyr, which was mediocre at best., as follows:
Using the keyboard as a controller was miserable, not to mention not useful practice for actual flying. Zephyr did just OK with a wired Xbox 360 controller on my MacBook. You Need to download a driver for the Xbox controller.

There is a free trial version of Zephyr, good for 30 days. It is expensive $99. It has a number of “ Scenarios” Missions, which generally involves flying to specific location with some Percision. The joysticks on the Xbox 360 controller were way too sensitive though. I think that probably is the fault of the driver. I will not be buying it

DGI ‘s only simulator for Mac is the “Academy” in GoFly 4. It provides VERY little in the way of practice. You will reach it’s maximum usefulness in about seven minutes. Maybe seven minutes and 20 seconds.
Many thanks Santoli!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329