DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Time

GT1846

Reactions
Hi folks. I am so new to Drones I will get my first one for Christmas. LOL We bought our retirement home with 32 acres and thought a Drone would be fun. OK, my question.
Lots of beginner drones under $200 have 7 to 15 minutes flight time and 3.7v 700 mah to 1200 mah batteries. Can I just install the same physical size battery with same voltage higher and a higher mah rating? Example 3.7v 3000 mah battery? Will the flight time increase?

Hi folks. I am so new to Drones I will get my first one for Christmas. LOL We bought our retirement home with 32 acres and thought a Drone would be fun. OK, my question.
Lots of beginner drones under $200 have 7 to 15 minutes flight time and 3.7v 700 mah to 1200 mah batteries. Can I just install the same physical size battery with same voltage higher and a higher mah rating? Example 3.7v 3000 mah battery? Will the flight time increase?

Not necessarily,depends on the motor efficiency,I promise you won’t be happy with one of the cheap drones,I have been that route.spend the money and at least get a Mavic,you’ll be glad you did and get 25-30minute flying time in warm weather

Not necessarily,depends on the motor efficiency,I promise you won’t be happy with one of the cheap drones,I have been that route.spend the money and at least get a Mavic,you’ll be glad you did and get 25-30minute flying time in warm weather

Thanks, appreciate it.

Reactions: mavikelli
I totally agree with what [U]mavikelli[/U] said!
DO NOT buy a cheap drone you will never be happy with it.
I did the same thing and in less then a month I ended up buying a Mavic Pro, best decision I ever made.
NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE!

Reactions: TR Ganey
Consider a Phantom 3 Standard if you want more of a beginner drone with considerable capabilities (which can be expanded upon with apps such as Litchi). They can be had for around $350 - 400 US with a full year warranty. 2.7k video and great still shots as well. Simple and cheap antenna mods can increase range and they're still great aircraft, even though not as high tech with all of today's fancy sensors and such. I would not recommend anything less than that. I still have mine.

Reactions: old man mavic
another problem you will encounter with trying to put a larger amp hour battery in the drone is the fact that they are larger than the standard battery that comes with the drone and may not fit in the battery compartment also even if you could find a way to fit them externally the extra weight of the battery would negate the expected increase in flight time listen to the previous posts and get a decent drone you will be glad you spent the extra money to start with nothing wrong with a cheap drone to learn on but you will soon want to progress to a better one so get one in the first place happy flying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000