DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight times not as should be issue?

Talley

Reactions
Seems like I'm averaging 20:30 to 22 minutes of flight to 25% battery live.

Is this average? Just checking. Already this is the longest flights I've had out of anything I've had outside of one 0% hail mary run on a P3A I had for a bit and got 23:04

Is this average? Just checking. Already this is the longest flights I've had out of anything I've had outside of one 0% hail mary run on a P3A I had for a bit and got 23:04

If you fly at 15.5mph continuously and run the battery down to zero you will see more than 31 minutes. Probably more like 34 minutes. The rating is based on 15.5 mph which is the optimal speed for long runtime (not distance).

By the way, I'm getting 24.5 minutes running at 32 mph. That is very good. The platinum would only get about 23 minutes which makes sense as Platinum was rated 30 minutes and Pro 2 is rated 31 minutes.

That's like 29 minutes at 0% so sounds right. You may get a little bit lmger after a few battery cycles.

Is there any particular things I can do to maximize this? For longest flight times is it important to take off and immediately climb to 400 and at 16mph and continue this same pace until dead?

Is there any particular things I can do to maximize this? For longest flight times is it important to take off and immediately climb to 400 and at 16mph and continue this same pace until dead?

I think getting the best footage is the most important thing, there’s no point spending all your effort into staying airborne longer if you’re video is all samey 15.5mph cruising.

I think getting the best footage is the most important thing, there’s no point spending all your effort into staying airborne longer if you’re video is all samey 15.5mph cruising.

I'm 90% photo and 10% flying it around for fun. Thats why I like the mavic air so much.. it's a zippy little thing fun to fly.... still takes photos.

Last edited:
Ok I got to 24:05 with 18% flying right in that 14-16mph range. I guess realistic flight times with keeping battery reserves is around that mark.

I'm 90% photo and 10% flying it around for fun. Thats why I like the mavic air so much.. it's a zippy little thing fun to fly.... still takes photos.

for the record... I've made enough on photos to buy several of these things so not even worried about the price.

Okay, so that 10% you’re flying for fun, you’re trying to keep it in the air for as long as possible. Issue is to max it you’re going to have to fly boring, killing the fun aspect.

Glad you have vast wealth reserves, but not sure what that has to do with flight times?

Reactions: JDawg
It's a geek thing I guess. I fly the crap out of it. Just every now and then like to go for endurance. Some people think its a waste of money to buy such expensive bird for just photos and such.

Okay, so that 10% you’re flying for fun, you’re trying to keep it in the air for as long as possible. Issue is to max it you’re going to have to fly boring, killing the fun aspect.

Glad you have vast wealth reserves, but not sure what that has to do with flight times?

I guess I'm more like Talley. I like to tinker with my toys and see what they can do. I flew my old Mavic for around 36 minutes on stock battery just to see how long I could keep it in the air. I've also flown 59K feet away and back. I just want to see how long, far, fast, etc it will go. That's fun for me.

I guess I'm more like Talley. I like to tinker with my toys and see what they can do. I flew my old Mavic for around 36 minutes on stock battery just to see how long I could keep it in the air. I've also flown 59K feet away and back. I just want to see how long, far, fast, etc it will go. That's fun for me.

How did you fly 11 miles out and back? Must be a world record.

ya thats me. I tinker, ponder, calculate, modify, etc. I can't have a stock vehicle, house, desk, computer, anything. always messing with crap.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King