DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight without gimbal

Hi. Is it possible to fly mavic 2 zoom without camera/ gimbal.?Mine in for repair.
Thanks

Well, there's one certain way to find out - try it CAREFULLY. Obviously if you can take off and fly, you will not be able to see where the drone is or any obstacles. Or when you start it up, there will be error messages or complaints.

Would this be the sort of error. See attached file.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190405-125837.png
    Screenshot_20190405-125837.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 115
Would this be the sort of error. See attached file.

I really don't know but without a gimbal I'd expect some error.

Can these things fly without a gimbal? (Hope you don't think that I'm rubbing the magic lamp too often!)

This is the reply from dji support .

Thank you for choosing DJI Support.

We apologize for the inconvenience you're having. This is definitely not the experience we want you to have.

This error is caused by excessive USB plug-in and plug-out.

The solution for this error code:

1. Re-insert the USB cable of the Remote Controller;
2. Remove USB cable of the aircraft and SD card;
3. Restart the aircraft.

This is the reply from dji support .

Thank you for choosing DJI Support.

We apologize for the inconvenience you're having. This is definitely not the experience we want you to have.

This error is caused by excessive USB plug-in and plug-out.

The solution for this error code:

1. Re-insert the USB cable of the Remote Controller;
2. Remove USB cable of the aircraft and SD card;
3. Restart the aircraft.
Give their advice a try and see if it will fly. Good luck

Tried it. No change. I can only assume its the lack of the gimbal.

Reactions: ff22
Yes you can fly without a camera plugged in, I tried it the other day as my M2P roll sensor is broken.

Reactions: ff22
Turn controller on first and hold sticks in and down for engine start. Boot up A/C and Upon connection engines will start and the system does not seem to have long enough log error 200 and will go thru other checks and then let you take off with no camera installed.

i have my gimbal in repair after a crash. If I turn on the Mavic 2 Zoom without the gimbal I get the error code 200 and the SD card in the slot is not detected. If I connect the Mavic 2 with USB cable to the notebook I see the contents of both the internal 8gb and the contents of the SD card on the slot. is it normal that I don't see the SD from the app? Will it be a problem with error 200? Thank you all

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada