DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FlightRecord Folder Missing...With A Twist

Gandalf00

Reactions
Been flying my Mini2 with a Galaxy S6 Tablet running DJI Fly for a few months now with no issues. Today however, after a routine flight, I cannot find the Flight Record folder to get at the flight log file. The folder and associated files are simply not there under dji.go.v5.

Here is the twist: In DJI Fly under Profile>More, the flight is there and I can replay it just fine on the tablet. I just cannot find the DJIFlightRecordXXX.txt file anywhere, either by using a file manager on the tablet or hooking it up to the PC.

AFAIK, I landed normally and shut everything down OK, so I don't think it is a closeout issue, but that is the only thing I can think of.

Any other suggestions I can try? Using DJI Fly v1.4.12.

Have you found the folder \DJI\dji.go.v5\FlightRecord ?

No, and that is the crux of the problem. It is simply not there whenever I hook the tablet up to the PC and check the folder structure. Again, note that up until now it has been there, but today it has disappeared.

Have you read this thread?

I'm still on 1.4.8, and the files end up here:

This PC\Smart Controller\Internal shared storage\DJI\dji.go.v5\FlightRecord\MCDatFlightRecords

and here:

This PC\Smart Controller\Samsung SD card\DJI\dji.go.v5\FlightRecord

This PC\Smart Controller\Samsung SD card\DJI\dji.go.v5\FlightRecord\MCDatFlightRecords

You might select your device and do a search for DJI or FlightRecord - see if the folder can be found that way.

Last edited:
I am not using 1.4.12 but assuming things have not changed if you are literally looking for files with the name DJIFlightRecordXXX.txt where xxx are 3 characters or numbers or whatever, then your naming structure is wrong. The files on my S6 phone have the structure DJIFlightRecord_2020-06-13_[12-11-59].txt.

Using a windows computer I just did a search of the "DJI" folder for "DJIF" and it found the likes of DJIFlightRecord_2020-06-13_[12-11-59].txt. but the search does not list the containing folder. :-(

Can you use the tablet to search for "DJIF" using "my files" or something similar, there might be two methods of searching an Android device but I have forgotten the name of the other method. I recollect using one of them to successfully search a phone but have the impression that it too did not list the containing folder.

Last suggestion would be to search, using windows, the dji.go.v5 folder for any folders modified today and then manually open those folders in a new tab and see what they contain.

You can right click the search result - then choose open folder location from the search results.

Sorry, the "XXX" was me being lazy and not typing out the date and time info in the file name and is not meant to imply that I am looking for exactly three additional characters. I am aware of the correct format.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I did find the file! I had to do a search of the tablet's entire file structure, not just the DJI folder.

It turns out the files are in:

Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/FlightRecord

Hope this helps someone else.

Last edited:
Sorry, the "XXX" was me being lazy and not typing out the date and time info in the file name and is not meant to imply that I am looking for exactly three additional characters. I am aware of the correct format.

I did find the file! I had to a search of the tablet's entire file structure, not just the DJI folder.

I am pleased you found them but the change of location is a bit annoying, I wonder why they have done that.
If it proves to be a permanent change you might like to PM Sar104 and MSinger about the change so that they can add the info to their often cited thread and site.

Yes it is annoying. Before, DJI Fly would auto sync with AirData and automatically upload the log file. That did not happen this time. Actually that was my first indication that something was not right.

None of my fly apps sync and I do not want them to. Maybe I turned synchronization off when I installed them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Airdata Sync app expects a particular file location, now changed in 1.4.12. I think I read this latest Android 12 version is required to store data in the "Android App Data" folder; perhaps apps no longer have access to write data elsewhere when 12 drops.

Airdata may know about this already, but it might be worth mentioning your issue to them, especially if you have a paid account.

Hey guys, the latest AirData app, version 2.0.72, should pick up files from the new log folder in DJI Fly 1.4.12.

If you are still not able to sync using the latest AirData app, please reach out to [email protected]. Before contacting us - please be sure to click "SEND DEBUG TO AIRDATA" in the AirData app settings screen, and please mention that you did so in your email to us. Also, please be sure to specify which flights are missing/not syncing. This will help us troubleshoot this with you.

Reactions: eEridani

I did find the file! I had to do a search of the tablet's entire file structure, not just the DJI folder.

You just saved me from making a long "I can't find the FlightRecord" file. Thanks

Hey guys, the latest AirData app, version 2.0.72, should pick up files from the new log folder in DJI Fly 1.4.12.

If you are still not able to sync using the latest AirData app, please reach out to [email protected]. Before contacting us - please be sure to click "SEND DEBUG TO AIRDATA" in the AirData app settings screen, and please mention that you did so in your email to us. Also, please be sure to specify which flights are missing/not syncing. This will help us troubleshoot this with you.
Hi Eran...is that also True if your Using DJI Fly App 1.4.8 ? which I'm currently using for my Mini 2

Hi Eran...is that also True if your Using DJI Fly App 1.4.8 ? which I'm currently using for my Mini 2
Yes our latest app (the latest app version is currently 2.0.73) should also work with DJI Fly app 1.4.8.

I hope this helps!

@eran, can I ask why the Airdata csv contains so 'little' data? For example no or very few, serial numbers. I can't remember what else is 'missing' but the Phantomhelp csv runs to somewhere around 170 to 200 columns whereas the Airdata csv runs to around 50 to 60.
Yes I am aware that the Phantomhelp csv contains duplicates and empty columns but there is data in it that is missing from the Airdata csv. Yes I am aware that some of the missing data is to be found elsewhere in the Airdata site but I prefer it all in one place and accessible on my computer i.e. in the downloaded csv for the flight.
This relates primarily to drones that use the fly app and have encrypted txt logs, I process my other txt's via software on my computer.
Yes it maybe that I am odd and that your current format suits the majority of your customers but........

Bit late to the party, but thanks so much for sharing this info - was driving me mad trying to find the flight records on my new tablet Thumbswayup

So glad I saw this- same issue and solution. Many thanks!

Thank you so much, I've spent the last 3 hours trying everything to get my flight logs. and mine are also saved here and not in the normal dji folder.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys