DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Floats?

kshaw

Reactions
We need to do some water testing on a lake and considering using floats on a MA2. The idea is to program the missions with Dronelink or Litchi to certain GPS locations and have the drone land, float on the water for a period to permit test strip to record results and then return to home. Has anyone tried these? Safe? Issues?

I use floats extensively on my Air 2S.... They work very well if they are balanced correctly. The ones I use are inexpensive ones from Amazon that employ a section of pool noodle. PhantomRain makes a Rescue Jacket/float for almost all of DJI's offerings. They are much more expensive but have a lower center of gravity and require less setup as they are already balanced.

The drone I use in the water has DJI Care in case of issues but it hasn't even come close to getting wet.

Use the search engine and you will see some fairly extensive threads already posted.

I spent the extra for the A2 Rescue Jacket from PhantomRain after a disaster using the cheap noodle type on my mini. Something with the propwash made it spin uncontrollably sometimes. Also affected flight characteristics and battery usage. Maybe quite different with the A2 but I fly a lot over water, so not taking any chances. Jacket takes just seconds to install and remove. Take advantage of forum discount too. Good luck and, Enjoy

We need to do some water testing on a lake and considering using floats on a MA2. The idea is to program the missions with Dronelink or Litchi to certain GPS locations and have the drone land, float on the water for a period to permit test strip to record results and then return to home. Has anyone tried these? Safe? Issues
The only issue you have to remember is that the Home point will be reset when you remote land on the Water, You will need to change that back using thee map feature .

We do as others have stated offer a Discount Package for the Forum members
Email me at [email protected]

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly Air 2/S in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Possibly an option may be to let the test strip hang from a string with some form of small weight to keep it in the water. Five foot long string and hover two feet above the water. This may be a way to keep one thousand dollars from getting wet!

Reactions: Capt KO
We need to do some water testing on a lake and considering using floats on a MA2. The idea is to program the missions with Dronelink or Litchi to certain GPS locations and have the drone land, float on the water for a period to permit test strip to record results and then return to home. Has anyone tried these? Safe? Issues?
I only trust the Rescue Jacket from Phantomrain.org
It's low center of gravity makes it the perfect, safe, solution for landing on water. Those cheap, orange/red, pontoon types, are too tall, and unstable, to be safe.
Go check out Coal's products over at Phantomrain. You won't be disappointed.

Possibly an option may be to let the test strip hang from a string with some form of small weight to keep it in the water. Five foot long string and hover two feet above the water. This may be a way to keep one thousand dollars from getting wet!
Good idea. Add an inexpensive release mechanism to avoid entanglement on landing.

I only trust the Rescue Jacket from Phantomrain.org
It's low center of gravity makes it the perfect, safe, solution for landing on water. Those cheap, orange/red, pontoon types, are too tall, and unstable, to be safe.
Go check out Coal's products over at Phantomrain. You won't be disappointed.
I wasn’t aware that the suit that you mention is 100% water proof.
Have I missed something???

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondprofessionals