Join Us Now

Florida Flyers

itsneedtokno

I'm chillin, appreciate it though.
Reactions
Site
codyshoaf.myportfolio.com
What's some imagery you shoot?

I have had my MA for about 2 months, maybe 3, and I love over water shots but I'm trying to think of other things to do. There's not much I can think of to use as a foreground. It's pretty much flat, trees, and some houses.

A lot of times you just need a different perspective of what you would shoot on the ground. Slot of times you want to shoot at 10-30ft up not necessarily 100-400. Experiment, everything old is new again.

I too have had trouble with the lack of verticality here in Florida.
Here's what I was shooting

Reactions: RogerMav
I'm in Lake Park
@shutter13 you've got some nice shots in your backyard huh?

Not for the faint of heart, and this is the easy stuff [emoji2961]
Yeah, my brother has an FPV set up... It's insane, totally completely different in almost every way.

I've seen a ton of footage from both platforms, and I still enjoy the Cinematic stuff from DJI drones more.

The FPV stuff seems more like an expensive toy

Reactions: RTKD
The FPV stuff seems more like an expensive toy
You know, what got me into it in the beginning was the fact that I could fix them myself. With a TS100 powered off one of my batteries I can fix one of these in the field if I have the parts. I thought I would just fly slow and cinematically, but now that I have one I just love to rip it. There are a few follow shots they're good for, and the little "cinewhoop" style are basically spark sized and prop guarded, those have some application IMHO.
For traditional AP, or overall reliability in the air, my builds can't touch a DJI

You know, what got me into it in the beginning was the fact that I could fix them myself. With a TS100 powered off one of my batteries I can fix one of these in the field if I have the parts. I thought I would just fly slow and cinematically, but now that I have one I just love to rip it. There are a few follow shots they're good for, and the little "cinewhoop" style are basically spark sized and prop guarded, those have some application IMHO.
For traditional AP, or overall reliability in the air, my builds can't touch a DJI
I do enjoy the whole DIY aspect of it, because it makes you feel more in tune with your UAV.

Then there's the tuning side, and the RC tuning, and the simulators, and the [emoji3066], soo many things that make it harder to just grab and go...
Which I like, because not everybody needs access to a 6S 120mph+ drone.

And I do agree, there are some cinematic shots that can be taken with an FPV set up, but flight times, and no hover make them that much harder.

I feel like -for FPV set ups anyway- that the leaning curve is more like a learning spike. You don't get really good for a long time, but when you do, it's absolutely stunning... Not to mention fun.

Reactions: RTKD
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato